IGNORED

What's the difference between Mizuno and Mizuno T-Zoid?

Note: This thread is 1723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got back into golf two years ago and bought a Callaway Strata set for $300 as I read a lot of good things about it for a beginner. The 8-iron is now broken though so I think it's a good time to finally get a better set of irons (that are still good for beginners as my handicap is still horrible). I came across someone selling 2nd hand Mizuno MX23s (iron set) for a bit over $200 and after reading some reviews online, I am thinking of making the purchase. I noticed though that the club head on the MX 23s he is selling looks different and has a T-Zoid logo on it. Would anyone know what the difference is between this and the ones commonly found online? And if it'd be a good decision to buy the clubs?

3 hours ago, Quietus said:

Got back into golf two years ago and bought a Callaway Strata set for $300 as I read a lot of good things about it for a beginner. The 8-iron is now broken though so I think it's a good time to finally get a better set of irons (that are still good for beginners as my handicap is still horrible). I came across someone selling 2nd hand Mizuno MX23s (iron set) for a bit over $200 and after reading some reviews online, I am thinking of making the purchase. I noticed though that the club head on the MX 23s he is selling looks different and has a T-Zoid logo on it. Would anyone know what the difference is between this and the ones commonly found online? And if it'd be a good decision to buy the clubs?

T-Zoid was just a version name that Mizuno used. They moved on to different names after that, but these are still forged irons. As for buying, I like Mizuno a lot. But as with anything golf, I would recommend trying them out first.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

T-Zoid was just a version name that Mizuno used. They moved on to different names after that, but these are still forged irons. As for buying, I like Mizuno a lot. But as with anything golf, I would recommend trying them out first.

So would I be right in saying that the T-Zoid version of any Mizuno club should not be drastically different from the original version?

Definitely trying the clubs out so I know how they feel in my hands. The non TZoid version has some great reviews online for beginners so hopefully this club is the same.

24 minutes ago, Quietus said:

So would I be right in saying that the T-Zoid version of any Mizuno club should not be drastically different from the original version?

Definitely trying the clubs out so I know how they feel in my hands. The non TZoid version has some great reviews online for beginners so hopefully this club is the same.

Very similar. Most of their changes are minor tweaks in the forging.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, Quietus said:

I came across someone selling 2nd hand Mizuno MX23s (iron set) for a bit over $200

Sorry, but if I sold my MX-23's to someone for over $200 I'd feel like I ripped them off.  They're pretty old so I'd try to find them for $125-150 if I were you.  Great clubs, but irons just don't hold value.

• Thumbs Up 1

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

34 minutes ago, Foot Wedge said:

Sorry, but if I sold my MX-23's to someone for over $200 I'd feel like I ripped them off.  They're pretty old so I'd try to find them for $125-150 if I were you.  Great clubs, but irons just don't hold value.

Thanks for the heads up. To be fair, golf club prices are in general elevated where I’m from (perhaps because buying online & having the clubs shipped from the US would come with high shipping fees + import fees). But yes, I’ll try to haggle the price down if possible. 

My apologies, didn't know you weren't in the US.  Since I'm not sure what the going rate would be for these clubs in your location, I'd suggest maybe trying to see what similar clubs sold for on ebay or something like that and go from there.  Price just seemed high to me and would be even worse if they had old grips that needed replacement meaning you'd dump even more money into them.  Best of luck!

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

Note: This thread is 1723 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!