IGNORED

Anyone ever deal with Global Golf cust. service?

DirtCheap
Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just recieved a 22* TM Burner Rescue from them. The item description listed the shaft as "stiff" but it arrived with a regular flex shaft. I have emailed them twice and gotten no resposne. I'll update as things progress.

In the Grom bag:

Driver: G5 9* Aldila NV65
Irons: I-3 O-size
SW: cg14 56*Putter: Marilyn

I just recieved a 22* TM Burner Rescue from them. The item description listed the shaft as "stiff" but it arrived with a regular flex shaft. I have emailed them twice and gotten no resposne. I'll update as things progress.

I e-mailed them twice and they never responded. When I called, they knew exactly who I was and what clubs I was talking about so they had obviously been reading my e-mails. Call them.. They won't ever respond to your e-mails.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

I the only problem (which wasn't really a problem) was when i bought a nike sumo2 from them...they had it listed as a regular SQ driver but in the picture it was clearly the face of a sumo2 (you could kinda see the whole square geometry thing)...this was not long after the sumo2 came out so I ended up with a sumo2 for around $100. The best part of the deal was that it ended up being a non-conforming model, so nike was running the deal where you send the non-conforming one in (free of charge i might add) and they send you a brand new conforming model. Needless to say I got a brand new sumo2 from them for $100.

Anyways to get to the point, with them you really want to take a good luck at the picture (at least when buying through eBay) because they send you the club in the picture whether they have it listed correctly or not...I have bought from them since and have always recieved good items that are in my opinion slightly underrated as far as condition (they usually are in better condition than I am expecting based on listing).

Another thing is they usually don't rate grips due to the fact that a lot of people change them to the grip style they normally play with right when you get the clubs. In fact, a lot of the sellers of preowned clubs will say that they do not rate the grips, just the head/shaft.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

Another thing is they usually don't rate grips due to the fact that a lot of people change them to the grip style they normally play with right when you get the clubs. In fact, a lot of the sellers of preowned clubs will say that they do not rate the grips, just the head/shaft.

I see what you're saying and it makes sense..

If the item is listed as being in "ready to play" condition, I think the buyer should be able to make the assumption that the grips are in "ready to play" condition as well as the rest of the club. "Ready to play" literally means ready-to-play right?? Maybe I'm wrong.. My local golf shop quoted me $115 to put them right. Thats a re-shaft for the 8 iron and new Callaway OEM grips for all.. He says he can have it done by next Wednesday.. I'm seriously thinking about it..

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

just got a scotty 33" putter from them. I had a good experience with them, the club arrived in better shape then I expected, and the grip is what I expected (I will be regripping this weekend). But it was a good deal on a very difficult to find club.

I also have dealt with 3 balls golf, and I had multiple good experiences with them.

Classic 290 10.5 Miyazaki C. Kua 43 R

AMP 15 Aldila RIP F

Baffler Rail H 17 & 22 Fujikura Motore S

S2 Forged 5-GW Nippon NS Pro 900xh R

SM 54 & 58 Vokey Nippon 105T W

Studio Style Newport 1.5

I see what you're saying and it makes sense..

yea i do agree with ya about the ready to play part...if the grips are so bad that they can't be played, then i think they should list that in the description.

In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I sent them back.
I am now ironless and its a BEAUTIFUL 71 degrees outside.

The local shop said it would take $115 to get them into proper working order. I just couldn't justify it.

So now, once my refund clears, I will be on the hunt for irons again.

If nothing else, I have learned a lot about grips and graphite shafts.

As far as doing business with Global Golf again, they really couldn't make it any more right then offering a full refund, so I'm not going to hold one bad experience against them. I will say that, reading through their e-bay feedback, the majority of their issues have to do with bad item descriptions. I'll be keeping that in mind for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

just to update this for anyone thinking about dealing with them...yes the VAST majority of their transactions are smooth, wish i could say the same for mine. After calling them, they issued me a UPS call tag to return the item. I left the item outside of my door for 3 days straight, and it was never picked up. I called them again, at which point they advised me they had issued the call tag for a residence in North Carolina (I live in Mass.) They re-issued a call tag for the correct address, three days ago. The item has yet to be picked up and since they are only open 9am-5pm and i dont get out of work till 5:30..... and they dont respond to email...ill have to find time to call them AGAIN and see what they screwed up this time. All in all....i wish i had bought the stupid club from a shop and paid the extra $40 bucks.

In the Grom bag:

Driver: G5 9* Aldila NV65
Irons: I-3 O-size
SW: cg14 56*Putter: Marilyn

• 5 years later...

Old thread - but,

I just had a great experience with them.

Ordered a couple of clubs which were not as stated in the ads. One was wrong dexterity and the other had some serious "condition issues" - it must have slipped through.

Anyway, I emailed them with photos and spoke to an excellent customer service rep.

They resolved the matter to my satisfaction - possibly beyond, in fact.

My advice in ALL circumstances like this.

• Be clear
  • Be explicit
  • Say what you want
  • Be reasonable
  • Be cordial

I have no hesitation in recommending GG. They are a good company. They dealt with my issue very promptly.

The main point is that, being an overseas transaction, they were smart enough not to demand that clubs be sent around the world again.

I have done lots of business with them and will continue to do so.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 3963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!