Sillysavage25

M3 Driver vs SIM driver?

15 posts / 1399 viewsLast Reply

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I demo the SIM (not max or max d) and find it hit similar to my M5tour in terms of distance/carry/launch/spin. It felt more bulky to me, but that’s a personal preference since I like the smaller 435cc head over 460.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have an M3 and have just today tested the SIM, the Callaway Mavrik and a Ping G410 (as well as the M6 last year) in a Golf Galaxy hitting bay. As I said about the M6 last year, getting an extra 5 yards isn't worth $500, at least to me. I got pretty much the same results with all of them...both distance and dispersion. (I get less spin with the M3 for some reason, maybe because I have the weights adjusted just right.)

YMMV

4 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

hit similar to my M5tour 

I like the smaller 435cc head over 460.

No wonder the guys at your club won't play golf with you...they don't wanna be shown up by a PLAYA gaming a tour head....just sayin.

24 minutes ago, Mr22putt said:

No wonder the guys at your club won't play golf with you...they don't wanna be shown up by a PLAYA gaming a tour head....just sayin.

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, FlyingAce said:

🤣🤣

So do you play in your club's tournaments or club championship to test out your competitive game/nerves?

Do you also play as a single in those outings too?😂

1 minute ago, Mr22putt said:

So do you play in your club's tournaments or club championship to test out your competitive game/nerves?

Do you also play as a single in those outings too?😂

I am a terrible tournament player - my mental game is weak. 

Our women club champion has been the same 2 players in the last 15+ years. The 2 of them and another 3 single handicappers play together every day, so when they play tournaments, they play each other like a regular game. 

I kinda enjoy flying under the radar...

On 1/24/2020 at 5:59 PM, FlyingAce said:

Our women club champion has been the same 2 players in the last 15+ years. The 2 of them and another 3 single handicappers play together every day, so when they play tournaments, they play each other like a regular game. 

You should set a goal to be mentally tougher for 2020...you don't want to be a mental midget and a 5.5 cap who folds under pressure.

I also think you can get to a 3.8 cap.

I believe you can win your club championship and hope you do.

Just think when you win and get called up to the front to collect your trophy at the awards dinner.

You can then stare down the 2 women who have won it the past 15+ years and say:

"There's a new Sheriff in Town...and her name is Flying Ace"

And then you husband can stand up, clap and cheer....Asia Rules Baby!!!.😂🤣

Oh ya....played today with my friend on Chinese New Years in the wet SLOP....2 of my fellow Mainlanders joined us....the one who couldn't speak English had a set of Majesty gold plated golf clubs....classic Chinese POSER's clubs....I've seen many gold plated clubs here...I think these clubs were $10,000-$15,000....PXG...move over.

Did not see one white guy playing today...the course was busy....only 2 white fellows working in the pro shop...lots of Asian women playing today.

Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

On 1/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, FlyingAce said:

Now I understand the ‘FlyingAce’.

15 hours ago, CharlieB said:

Now I understand the ‘FlyingAce’.

lol....she used to have Snoopy (Red Baron the Flying Ace) as her avatar and maybe Flying Ace refers to her HIO....I believe she does have one.

1 hour ago, Mr22putt said:

lol....she used to have Snoopy (Red Baron the Flying Ace) as her avatar and maybe Flying Ace refers to her HIO....I believe she does have one.

LOL, I didn’t choose that picture as my avatar. It just popped up one day!!

You are correct that the Ace in my name refers to my HIO (I have 2 😉 ). Flying part came from skiing - that I am quick and light as if I am flying down the mountain...

Edited by FlyingAce

6 hours ago, FlyingAce said:

LOL, I didn’t choose that picture as my avatar. It just popped up one day!!

You are correct that the Ace in my name refers to my HIO (I have 2 😉 ). Flying part came from skiing - that I am quick and light as if I am flying down the mountain...

Congrats...2 HIO's in your short golf life is a lot.

I have 4 HIO's...but I've golfed for 52 years ...one in 1999...and the last 3 in 2014, 2018, 2019.

1 hour ago, Mr22putt said:

Congrats...2 HIO's in your short golf life is a lot.

I have 4 HIO's...but I've golfed for 52 years ...one in 1999...and the last 3 in 2014, 2018, 2019.

Wow, four is plenty! Mine happened within 9 months of each other. First in 9/2017, second in 6/2018. No luck last year but will keep trying this season😉