IGNORED

Building a one length set and learning/ getting fitted

Note: This thread is 1397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all. I am a fairly new golfer. I usually shoot around 100 and have been golfing for a few years. Probably only have 20 rounds total give or take. Missed last two years with a knee issue but am back 100% and playing a ton. I hit some great shots but for most part am very inconsistent. I understand that you swing and game need to improve.

my question is about my clubs and bag/gapping/fitting etc. I am dedicated to getting better. I am intrigued by the one length setups I have seen. I even like the idea of the driving irons though the wedges I’m sure is a big adjustment. I just think it makes a ton of sense for someone like me that does not have tons of years at variable lengths. I could see the consistency of length being very beneficial. Especially if I go regular size driver and everything else one length until putter.

my two main questions are I understand fitting would be good for me/ a good lesson. I am not sure if most fitters have one length though or would be receptive to the idea. I am debating a local place that seems very reputable for fitting but am not sure. I do not need to 100% go to one length but I don’t want it immediately shutdown either. 

another option would be building the one length style bag on my own either right away or over time and then as I get better and hopefully take lessons maybe get fit more so to make sure shafts are correct and maybe some gapping adjustments while keeping one length. The last question is I know cobra is probably the standard for one length, but I am unsure of what the best ones would be. I would like to do it more game improvement style then something tougher like blades as I do not have enough skills yet.

that is a lot to read so thanks for your time and any and all opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Note: This thread is 1397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!