IGNORED

Best Courses around Des Moines, IA?

Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe wishful thinking here, but we're hoping to head south of Minneapolis at the end of March down to Des Moines or maybe a bit farther to play golf. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ping Rapture 12* Aldila Stiff
Ping Hybrid 19* Aldila Stiff
Power Bilt "Scotch Blades" Steel Stiff 3-PW
Ping Eye-2 SW
Ping Anser Putter

Maybe wishful thinking here, but we're hoping to head south of Minneapolis at the end of March down to Des Moines or maybe a bit farther to play golf. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'd just keep driving south(if I were you) stay on 35 to Oklahoma then you'll find some great weather and golf... that will not break the bank either(in fact, many courses are dirt cheap compaired to MPLS or MN in general)

X-460 9.5* tour Driver/Fujikura stiff
X-15* tour 3 wood/Fujikura stiff
3DX 18.5* Hybrid/Aldila stiff
681 3-PW/Project X 6.0 (now in bag)
X-16 Pro Series Irons/Dynamic Gold S300 54* and 58* wedges Anser Sn putter

Funny you should mention this as me and another forum member (SuaSponteMN) are planning on going to Iowa the first weekend in April (the mass exodus out of MN has started

). From checking Golf Digest Best in State we are planning on playing #1 The Harvester and #7 The Tournament Club . Or you can always go the the Quad Cities and play TPC Deere Run .

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm itchin' to go to the new Rees Jones course in Riverside, Blue Top Ridge. Riverside is about 20 minutes south of IA city & I80.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Note: This thread is 5900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!