IGNORED

Shaft models for TaylorMade r7 irons

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am considering getting a new iron set and I really like the TaylorMade r7 irons. I have so far only tried them with a regular flex steel shaft, true temper-something I believe. Looking at Golfsmith's website and the Custom Club Fitting, I see there's a looot of choices regarding shaft model.

Basically, should I care about exactly what brand I get (like T-step 90 by TT, Precision Tour Flighted Rifle or Nippon NS Pro 950), or mainly just focus on getting the right stiffness? I have so far only tried Regular, and really enjoyed them. But I will try some Stiff ones aswell, just to compare. I see all the different shaft models got different launch, varying from mid-high, mid to low launch. Now again, I have no idea what would be the best for me, but I guess a high launch would make it easier for the high handicapper?

I am hitting the balls quite good and they are not "all over the place", so I do feel quite a difference between the different iron brands and shaft types. As said, regular steel shaft with regular height felt very good. But since I am getting a new set of clubs, I really wanna get what's best for me and not leave any options out.

Thanks in advance. All help appreciated.

seeing that you are a 27 handicap i would suggest the stock taylormade t step shafts you should also probably look for them on ebay they are going for about 300$

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Yeah, I am keeping an eye on Ebay. Did some tests on my swing speed today, and it turns out it's around 90-95 mph roughly. Means a Regular steel shaft should be quite good for me I guess. And I think I'll just go for the stock shaft as you recommend. Save a few bucks!

i actually bought my dad a set of these for his bday ro 250$ and they were brand new i got it of a mega seller his name was timtheputterman i am sure he has more r7 ireons

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

Note: This thread is 5888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!