IGNORED

My Swing (Dqu21)

Dqu21
Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2.5 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 15 handicap
My typical ball flight is: pull or slice, sometimes push slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat shots and slice

First time poster here. I've bene frustrated with my game recently. I've taken a few online lessons with coaches and they've said my problem has been the arms starting late, right hip firing early, and the right shoulder not working down. I have a big problem with casting the club, resulting in a flip and early extension. At p6 my hands are way behind my body. I've tried to keep the lower body quiet while activating the arms more, but I haven't had much success. Just can't seem to stop casting/flipping, no matter what I try to do. Maybe I'm missing something. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. 
Thanks

Videos: 

13 hours ago, Dqu21 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 2.5 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 15 handicap
My typical ball flight is: pull or slice, sometimes push slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fat shots and slice

First time poster here. I've bene frustrated with my game recently. I've taken a few online lessons with coaches and they've said my problem has been the arms starting late, right hip firing early, and the right shoulder not working down. I have a big problem with casting the club, resulting in a flip and early extension. At p6 my hands are way behind my body. I've tried to keep the lower body quiet while activating the arms more, but I haven't had much success. Just can't seem to stop casting/flipping, no matter what I try to do. Maybe I'm missing something. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. 
Thanks

Videos: 

Welcome to The Sand Trap! Thanks for posting. First, you are flexible and look pretty athletic, which helps. In the down the line swing, you can see you are coming in a little out-to-in or over the top, which can lead to the pull slices you mentioned. In the face on, you can see you also flip a bit, as you mentioned. You don’t shift your weight much forward during the downswing, which can cause this.

Below are a couple of threads. First is the Five Simply Keys thread, 5SK. The 5SK are the common things all good golf swing have and is not a swing method, but a guide so to speak. Key 2, for example, is weight forward at impact. This may be something you should look at. There are video drills for each Key in the thread.

The second thread was started by the site owner during the pandemic lockdown last year when courses were close. It is an excellent collection of drills to work on. The first five are full swing drills. They start with backswing and go through impact. Proper backswing sequence and position can help set up a good downswing sequence. Check them out.

Lastly, We like to get to know our members here on TST and one of the things that helps is when members choose a unique avatar for themselves. Please add one (here's a guide to help if you're not sure how). 

And we have lots of other topics here on the site. Check them out as well and join in the conversations.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!