IGNORED

Olymipcs

The Rambler
Note: This thread is 5790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Summer is almost here and that means the Summer Olympics in Beijing are going to be held. I personally can't wait for them but I think that some of the political issues are going to taint the games this year. Anyone have opinions on Tibet, carrying the torch, or the ever so popular Chinese government?

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

the carrying of the torch through London was a fiasco, and this is just the prelim bit- what the Olympics itslef will be like i do not know...apart from this, world class athltes will be collapsing due to toxic flume inhalation as the air quality in parts of China is terrible. In a nutshell, the Olympics coming up will be interesting for all the wrong reasons.

The Chinese govt. is also kicking out any athlete who does anything related to the Tibet invasion. What was going through the head of the Olympic Comittee when they chose Beijing as this summers game site.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

The IOC is a joke. Watching the head of it on the news tonight and he has his head in the sand as usual. They play up this great history and the sanctity of the Olympics, when they are really just another corporation making huge money off the games. I feel sorry for the true athletes who are going to get caught up in all of it.

The IOC is coming off as apologists for this dictatorship; the only reason they chose China in the first place is to get into this huge untapped market. If they are going to send the games to a country like this, they should have been ready for protests and disruptions. The IOC comes across as just as outdated as the Chinese government. Last time I checked, freedom to protest was a right, but it doesn't look like the IOC sees it that way.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Times up for the Olympics.They have become a pawn in the political arena.The cost of staging the games is bankrupting cities one after the other .London is next and the estimated cost has x10 already.
Apart from all that Biejing will be full of drugs cheats, we will not know if what we are watching is the real deal,how many golds will China "win"?

No ,not for me thanks .

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

This will be the first time for to ever not watch any part of the Summer Olympics. I do not feel that China has any right to host an event like this.

Driver:  Ping G15 9* with Talamonti 70x shaft
3 Wood/Hybrid:  Taylormade Rescue TP 17*
3-PW Irons:  Ping G15 Green Dot KBS 90 shafts
Gap Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTG
Sand Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGLob Wedge:  Cleveland 588 RTGPutter:  OdysseyBall:  Bridgestone 330-RXS or 330-SBag:  Generic

• 3 months later...
...with all that said, what do you think of the International Golf Federation's recent announcement of their intention to get Golf into the Olympics by 2016? Would this inclusion legitimize the sport, or would it bastardize our beloved game?

the carrying of the torch through London was a fiasco, and this is just the prelim bit- what the Olympics itslef will be like i do not know...apart from this, world class athltes will be collapsing due to toxic flume inhalation as the air quality in parts of China is terrible. In a nutshell, the Olympics coming up will be interesting for all the wrong reasons.

The past few olympics have been interesting for all of the wrong reasons. DOPING. It is just too hard to catch these people, and when we do have someone do something outstanding, that is the first thing we think of. Its a shame, but that is reality. Not to mention that with the time difference and internet, the "live nightly NBC shows" will feature events that happened 12 hours prior.

Note: This thread is 5790 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!