IGNORED

Favorite Beer?

YogiTKE
Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Corona or Pacifico.

They are the best!!!

----------------------------------
In my XXV Anniversary 10.5 Callaway Staff Bag
Driver FT-i 10°
Woods Big Bertha 3, 5, 7

Hybrid 4 X-Hybrid

Irons X-20 5-SW

Wedge 60° X-Tour

Putter Odyssey White steel Tri-Ball SRT

If we are talking micro-brews I will have to go with a local from Long Island in Blue Point with their Toasted Lager.

A great more common beer I love is Killian's Irish Red.

And a very good cheep bear is Lion's Head this beer has a quality better than Bud but cost about as much as Bush.

In The Bag:
Driver: Big Bertha 460
3 & 5 Wood: F50.
Irons: 855S Silver Scot 3-SW.
Wedge: S2H2 60*Putter Anser 2i

The basic staple that is usually in the fridge is a Bud Select. This, to me, is the best tasting of all the low carb beer. The little cans don't take up much room so I can keep a 12-pack on hand tucked away in the fridge. A frozen mug from the freezer and I'm in business.....ready to fire up the coals on the grill.

NOTE: These slender Bud Select cans are also easy to cram into a softsided cooler that doens't look like a cooler....perfect for golf outings (superball tourneys, etc).

I also like Hienekken Light (spelling), Red Stripe, and an occasional six pack of Samuel Adams.

Sorry...don't endulge too much in the micro-stuff, as finding it is inconsistent and spendy.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I'm a big fan of Hoegaarden for bigger brewery beer. Very high quality.

I like your beer taste. Hoegaarden is my favorite beer right now. Others at the top of the list include Sam Adams White Ale, Shiner Bohemian Black Lager, Spaten Oktoberfest, and Stella Artrois. Since I started managing a liquor store, I've tried quite a few. I have to admit I've turned into a beer guy for sure.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like your beer taste. Hoegaarden is my favorite beer right now. Others at the top of the list include Sam Adams White Ale, Shiner Bohemian Black Lager, Spaten Oktoberfest, and Stella Artrois. Since I started managing a liquor store, I've tried quite a few. I have to admit I've turned into a beer guy for sure.

If you're managing a liquor store, see if you can import some Dilirium. It's pricey (generally about $4 dollars for a regular-sized bottle), but it tastes like nothing else. Has been selected as the best beer in the world like ten years running.

I looked up Delirium, and it's not one we can get in Oklahoma. That sucks because I would have tried it for sure. Unfortunately for Oklahomans, there are a lot of beers we can't get. We are a very conservative state still I guess.

I officially boycotted Stella Artois about a year ago after finding out that Anheuser-Busch brews it. Sad to say, but Hoegaarden, Beck's, and Bass Ale are all also brewed by Anheuser-Busch. I refuse to pay import prices for a domestically produced "import".

I support microbreweries and true imports. The cost is well worth it. All-time Favorite: Great Lakes brewing Company is #1 New Summer favorite: Red Stripe. Brewed and bottled in Jamaica. Same recipe since 1938.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold Lager ( http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/ )

Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat ( http://www.leinie.com/home.htm )

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

I officially boycotted Stella Artois about a year ago after finding out that Anheuser-Busch brews it. Sad to say, but Hoegaarden, Beck's, and Bass Ale are all also brewed by Anheuser-Busch. I refuse to pay import prices for a domestically produced "import".

It's actually interesting you mentioned this because it's been brought up in Oklahoma quite a bit. We can't sell low-point beer in liquor stores in Oklahoma, and Anheuser-Busch has bought a lot of beers and made them low point (Rolling Rock comes to mind). They are also trying to get all the high-point beers in Wal-Marts and convenience stores. That would hurt liquor stores here, so I'm turning against Anheuser-Busch in a hurry. It's going to be tough on me because I love Hoegaarden. I believe they have Leffe Blonde as well which is another solid Belgium beer.

As for the price, I get a pretty good discount, so it's really no different than paying full price for something at a convenience store or something. I get where you are coming from though, and if I didn't manage a store, I wouldn't buy any of their stuff.

Sam Adams Boston lager

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

It's actually interesting you mentioned this because it's been brought up in Oklahoma quite a bit. We can't sell low-point beer in liquor stores in Oklahoma, and Anheuser-Busch has bought a lot of beers and made them low point (Rolling Rock comes to mind). They are also trying to get all the high-point beers in Wal-Marts and convenience stores. That would hurt liquor stores here, so I'm turning against Anheuser-Busch in a hurry. It's going to be tough on me because I love Hoegaarden. I believe they have Leffe Blonde as well which is another solid Belgium beer.

The ONLY solid Belgium beer comes from Belgium, brewed in Belgium.

Piraat is one of the best. A true strong Belgium Ale. Secondary fermentation in the bottle/keg. 10.5% ABV

---"Be the ball"---

Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I am a bit of a beer snob. I will generally go with a good wheat like I mentioned earlier in this thread, but Friday night I went totally white trash. We went out with my brother and his wife and some friends. The first place we went had Blue Moon on tap so I was fine for the first few rounds. Then we went down the street to a total dive. The bar stools were hand built with 2x4's and 4x4's and drywall screws. real high end stuff. They had Pabst Blue Ribbon on tap. It was so bad that it was great. We knocked back a couple pitchers while throwing darts. They actually had steel tip darts, but they all had the flights from plastic darts so they were not real accurate. I had a great time but was hurting in the morning.

I did some searching on Pabst and found that they brew some of the worst beer I have ever enjoyed, including Schlitz, Colt 45 and Old Milwaukee. One nice note is they still make Stroh's. It was a fixture in Detroit and a sad day when they shut down the brewery.

http://www.pabst.com/mainpage.html
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I am a bit of a beer snob. I will generally go with a good wheat like I mentioned earlier in this thread, but Friday night I went totally white trash. We went out with my brother and his wife and some friends. The first place we went had Blue Moon on tap so I was fine for the first few rounds. Then we went down the street to a total dive. The bar stools were hand built with 2x4's and 4x4's and drywall screws. real high end stuff. They had Pabst Blue Ribbon on tap. It was so bad that it was great. We knocked back a couple pitchers while throwing darts. They actually had steel tip darts, but they all had the flights from plastic darts so they were not real accurate. I had a great time but was hurting in the morning.

What's really sad is that Stroh's, Pabst, Schlitz, and Miller were all founded before Anheuser-Busch.

---"Be the ball"---

Wow... can't believe I have missed this thread. Picking one favorite beer is absolutely impossible. These are all my favorites and many more not listed and probably many more on my wish list I haven't tried yet.

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head Golden Era
Stone IPA
Stone Ruination IPA
Rochefort Trappistes 8
Bells Hopslam
Great Divide Hercules Double IPA
Great Divide Old Ruffian Barleywine
St. Bernardus Abt. 12
Chimay Blue
Chimay White
Avery Hog Heaven
Karmeliet Tripel
Maredsous 10
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot
Nogne O IPA

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

You and I seem to be alot of like... and IMO, Stone IPA, Ruination are the 2 best beers you can buy... I love the Dogfish 90/60minute IPA's as well..

I just love IPA's for the most part, some are just not good though..ie: red hook. Although Red Hooks blonde ale is just amazingly smooth great beer. One of my FAV's is Victory HopDevil, you gotta have a taste for it, but man is it good! Chimay's are good, very good! Blue moon belgium is pretty good... Smuttynose (I believe that's the name) is pretty good, Shipyard is pretty good but hard to find around here in Sewer Jersey. Oh, Longhammer IPA is cheap and not that bad for a $6 IPA. I also like Miller Lite for my yard work days or by the grill..Also Guiness/Harp/Bass.. Oh, when I was in Scotland I drank a beer called 70/70 I believe and man that was awesome! $1 a pint (miss the navy :) ) Red Stripe is pretty good, San Miguel from the PHillipines is the greatest BEER EVER! Then you could go Red Horse which is san miguel brewing company, but after 2 20oz red horses there's always guys throwing chairs in fighting.. (stuff would make the pope hate catholics). Beck's to support my BLS Brother Zakk Wylde.. Also, the Hieney or Beck's mini keg fits perfectly in the basket of my golf cart btw :) (only when I play with the guys from work, otherwise I'm all business). I love the Micro brews, I brew myself still @ the age of 38! :) and I could drink beer everyday if I wasn't a father of 4 and had to work... :) I could really go on and on forever ... Pete "Hoooorray Beer"
Wow... can't believe I have missed this thread. Picking one favorite beer is absolutely impossible. These are all my favorites and many more not listed and probably many more on my wish list I haven't tried yet.

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

You and I seem to be alot of like... and IMO, Stone IPA, Ruination are the 2 best beers you can buy... I love the Dogfish 90/60minute IPA's as well..

I've had the 1516 Victory Hop Devil IPA and found it to be outstanding. And I'm from NH so I've had Redhook and Smuttynose. Redhook is OK but Smuttynose I like a lot. I agree with you on Stone. Heck, if you're lucky enough to be in a market that supplies Stone IPA, that might be the best beer for the money.

Hmmm... I feel like a beer

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!