IGNORED

I hate UPS

4ringslvr
Note: This thread is 5850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bought some new sticks, scheduled delivery date of 4.18.2008. I had a tee time at 4:30 and waited at home all day for them to come so I could take them out and test them. Tracking thing said "out for delivery" at 4:55 this morning so I waited all day and they never showed up, I even missed my freaking tee time! They deliver until 7 pm so my clubs were on the truck for 14 hours and never made it the 3 miles to my house. UPS pisses me off, now it says rescheduled for Monday so I wont have them for my round on Sunday either! This is awesome! Im gonna go down there tomorrow and try to get my clubs!
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Ah ! the excitment of waiting for the new sticks to arrive.We have all been here before.

Luck was on my side on the due date with my son being home all day.I drove him mad with a phone call every 15 minuites "clubs come yet" No."clubs come yet" No . clubs come yet, No and it went on,and on untill 15.32 on the 12th May 2006.They,ve arrived I proclaimed to anybody who cared to listern "what did you have" someone asked ,bemused looks all round as I confirmed the arrival of my new Ram hybrids.

Its not on, go and give that UPS lot some grief,they have taken away what should have been momentous never to be forgotton day in your life.May I congratulate you in advance on your new arrivals

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

Perhaps you could present the UPS driver with a little gift that redefines "BROWN" for UPS??

Perhaps it could be on fire, adding festivity to the occasion?

Perhaps you could present the UPS driver with a little gift that redefines "BROWN" for UPS??

visions of Billy Madison dancing through my head

>> Seriously though... I am 100% certain that UPS waits for you to leave the house then puts that little sticky on the door... "sorry we missed you, will try again tomorrow at ____" F U and B S... I was gone for 20 minutes and waited until 6:00 pm to leave... and that's when you come. So the sticky note says they will attempt betweem 9:00 and 1:00 the next day... fine my first class is at 2:40... but apparently they missed me again even though I was home right up till 2:20. I go to try to pick up the package since the big shipping place is about 3 miles away... "it is loaded on one of the trucks and we can't get to it... we can hold it for you tomorrow or try to deliver again tomorrow." Well F U UPS why don't you stick the thing up your ass sideways. >>
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

It happens. If you don't like them then use the USPS. Cheaper, faster better in my opinion.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

If I had a choice I definitely would, but this time I was stuck with UPS. Its so disappointing.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

It happens.

If I had a choice I definitely would, but this time I was stuck with UPS. Its so disappointing.

That's interesting--Having lived in NYC for 7 years, I would NEVER choose USPS over "Brown" USPS has many MANY problems in a big city. Theft --"loss" happens constantly. Reporting problems is impossible, and complaining gets you singled out for worse treatment in the future!

I am really excited to get settled into new digs in KY and experience USPS customer svc once again! ??

I had an expensive home theater receiver coming in via UPS a couple years ago. They of course "missed" us at home, so I went to the hub to pick it up myself. We stood there for some time waiting for the correct time of night before they would start releasing packages. Once they started giving them out this....man....in leopard print high heals....opens his large box up and starts selling purses right there in the UPS shipping hub

I finally got it and vowed never to go back there again, lol.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

That's interesting--Having lived in NYC for 7 years, I would NEVER choose USPS over "Brown"

Your mailman's name wouldn't happen to be Newman, would it?

Driver: R7 425 TP w/ stock Fujikura stiff shaft
Hybrid: 16 degree baffler pro with stiff Fujikura Speeder shaft
Irons: X-20 tour 3-PW w/ 6.0 Project X shafts
52 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft
56 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaft60 degree wedge: MR w/ Royal Spinner shaftPutter:...

I have never had problems with UPS, although I have had stories. They usually just ring the doorbell, if no one is home, leave the package right by the front door. With Fedex, when you are not home, they go to your neighbors or down the street 'til they find someone there to hold your package for you, and leave you a note at which house it is at. Kind of awkward walking down the street and asking a neighbor whom I have never met for my package haha.

USPS is awful, lost packages all the time, usually banged up, and unless you use their expedited, it takes two weeks for delivery. I ordered a book from Amazon and they used USPS, took like 12 days.

Driver: Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood: Hibore 15*
3 Hybrid: 3dx DC 20*
Irons: i5 4-PW
Gap Wedge: cg12 50*Sand Wedge: cg12 54*Putter: g5i anserIn my grom bag :)

I had a recent horror story with FedEX.

Waited patiently for the new clubs. Checked the FedEx site. "Delivered". No clubs. Anywhere.

I checked the neighbors, etc. No clubs. Contacted FedEx. They said, if no signature is required, the item is just left. Their paperwork said it was on the front porch. Waited a week. FedEx suggested filing a claim. So I did. And then re-ordered the clubs.

The clubs "arrived" again the next day. No note, no indication that anything was amiss. Luckly, my re-order could be cancelled.

Granted I have had 100's of items delivered without a single item going missing from UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

From others, I found that inspite of GPS tracking, etc, the delivery person may or may not have dropped the item at the designated location. Only a signature can guarantee delivery.

What has changed is there now is realtime tracking feedback. Before when it ended up at the wrong place, you did not know about it. There can be too much information.

Personally, I am very fortunate. UPS is 5 miles away, with delivery usually before their standard 8:30 AM drop-off. And Fed-Ex is also close. And the post woman is very nice about running packages up to the house ( 1/4 mile from the boxes).
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

Well they finally showed up and they are beautiful! I cant wait until tomorrow to go test them out!
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°

It happens.

the good thing about usps is that they deliver the packages in the mail trucks which meas that they will ship on saturdays in ground shipping for no extra charge, and the packages will come when your mail comes, which is around 2:30 for me so it is good because i can be on the course by three and lock into twilight rates

Burner 10.5* driver
Burner 3 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Burner 5 wood GD Pershing Shaft
Tour Burner irons
Rac black 52* Rac satin 60* Red x 3 pro v1

I shipped a set of clubs from southern california to washington on a saturday, priority mail and they were delivered on monday. Yet it takes 2 weeks to get a set by UPS from northern california. Who knows... Its not like there's anything we can do. There's no one to do anything about it. UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL. Not a lot of competition to push each other.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°

Note: This thread is 5850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!