IGNORED

Can't find a 2 iron anywhere

JYB
Note: This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well,

695.CB

Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

so i went to every single new york city golf retailer and believe it or not, none of them carry a single brand new 2 iron!

This does not surprise me in the least. There's a very good reason why they are becoming rare even in tour players' bags. I used to carry a 1 iron and a 2 iron, but there's no way in the world I'd want one now.

I think you're going to make the game harder for yourself - and, playing off 15 with a thing about "players" clubs' (dontcha love that term?) it would seem that lowering your scores is not your prime motivation for wanting such a masculine and rare item.

lowering my scores by using forgiving clubs isn't my goal here. my goal is to play the best equipment possible and actually learn where the mistakes are made and don't make them. i am using CG1 black pearls right now, 3-PW, and these are NOT forgiving clubs in the least. next time i'll prob. get either the AP2s or the ZB Forged (or the 2009 versions of these) which i gurantee are more forgiving than the irons i'm using at the moment.

i am using CG1 black pearls right now, 3-PW, and these are NOT forgiving in the least.

I noticed that.

I understand what you're doing, and there are a lot of people who talk about letting the club tell you what you're doing and stopping you from being lazy etc. I don't really agree with this - but I used to. I believe that it is an overstated sentiment. A good quality modern iron doesn't let you get away with murder and you certainly do have to hit around the middle to get good results. You will always know within a centimetre (in my opinion) where you have struck the ball, even with a non "players'" club. My point is that you might not be gaining the advantage you'd like. Give yourself a break.

Note: This thread is 5857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!