IGNORED

How Did You Lose Your Clubs?

Abu3baid

I am sure there are a few that have lost their clubs on the course by forgetting it on the greens, or some other way on the course.. But have you ever lost it out side the course?  I have an interesting story to tell.

I moved to another city in Saudi Arabia and left my clubs with my friend since he lived in the city where the golf course are available.. The plan was that when ever I was in that city I would be able to play golf with him without the hassle of always taking them with me on the plane ect.

A few months ago I had a trip to the city and we played golf and it so happens that I would be moving back to the city.  Unfortunately my friend has finished his contract and he was leaving KSA for good.  He asks me as I am leaving if I want to take golf clubs with me and I say no it’s ok, I will be moving here and it will be before you move out so I will take them then.  (First Chance)

A few weeks later as I am on another trip to the city it turns out he is traveling for a week or so, and he says that he is keeping my clubs with the caretaker at his condo complex and he gives me the number and says if I want my clubs I can swing by and take them from the caretaker.  I tell him that it will be a hassle and that I will take it from him in a few weeks when he comes back from his trip. (Second Chance)

Finally, after a few more weeks I finally move to the new city and my friend comes back from his trip and we are talking on the phone and I invite him to dinner and ask him to bring my clubs my clubs with him and he drops the news on me.

Your clubs are on their way to Ethiopia.. Apparently, the live in maid was told she could take the things in the house and even though the caretaker had the clubs someone went to him and told him to give to them since my friend said they could take everything..  The caretaker tried to convince them, but since they couldn’t reach my friend he gave up and gave them the clubs… they packed it up with the other things and put it on a truck heading to their home in Ethiopia… I’m not sure they have golf courses their, or even know what they are, but off and away they went.

My friend tells me that he talked to them and they will ship them, but as of the last time I spoke with him they keep saying that it hasn’t arrived yet.  My gut tells me that I will never see the clubs again and I have already started thinking what a great excuse to get all new clubs from scratch without feeling bad.

My wife is already understanding and supports my new clubs idea.  I guess I end up with that and a good story for getting them.. But it’s still all my fault.

Anyone else have an interesting story?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades