IGNORED

Mini Review - Divot Society Savvy Setup Towel

iacas

• Administrator

This revolutionary custom design towel by Divot Society Golf makes it easier than ever to get set up perfectly every time so that you can focus on your swing and not everything in between. Get ready to shave...

The Savvy Setup Golf Towel & Training Aid is a $45 sublimated towel that's got a relatively blank side and another side with a number of "training aids" for alignment, ball position, shaft lean… and some other things.

The towels are available in four colors:

• White/Grey
  • Green
  • Black
  • Red/White/Blue

The first three are seen below:

77d2937d-2879-4919-8e1e-cb2923fa214a.jpg

As you can see, the towels are wide horizontally, but shallow vertically. The measurements are roughly 40" x 13", though the green towel is a bit shallower with what I assume is a misprint/mis-cut (the words are cut off the bottom).

The other side of the towel shows the markings:

18983579-712f-4014-a49e-20ede4966313.jpg

Welcome to our User Guide and Drills page! Here, you'll find a comprehensive collection of resources designed to enhance your experience with the Savvy Setup Golf Towel. Whether you're a beginner...

You can peruse the user guide and drills at the link above.

As for me, I'll just note a few pros and cons. The weighting I'd assign to each ranges from 1 (small) to 3 (big).

Pros:

• 2 - The towel is fairly large.
  • 3 - I like the little colored rectangles for doing things like putting distance control drills - swing your putter back to the black rectangle, and through to the corresponding black rectangle.
  • 3 - One of the towels had a magnet on it, for easier pickup with a club OR for attaching to the post in your cart.
  • 2 - Ball position lines are good, as are the foot positioning rectangles. The towel should do what it sets out to do.

Cons:

• 1 - The word "forward" is misspelled "foreward" which is neither "forward" nor "foreword" (the latter of which wouldn't make any sense).
  • 1 - Do you want to get dirt on the printed side with the "training aids"?
  • 2 - No putting arcs or something on the back side? Like the Vizio mats? Why not? Give me a few of those arcs.
  • 1 - Overly wordy on the one side.
  • 1 - I measure ball position by the back of the ball, not the center of the ball, because we hit the back of the ball.
  • 1 - The shaft lean graphics (see the image below) are to the "middle" ball, which feels awkward for a ball position that isn't in the middle.

87dac2b7-8744-4980-88cc-14612d866095.jpg

Conclusion

It's a towel. It's got some markings on it, and a very handy magnet. I used it for this weekend's Junior Elite Program to help players recognize the size of their putting backswing and follow-throughs (though one can do this with a yardstick and/or some tees, too).

Links are above if you want to visit the site to check it out. I'm still somewhat partial to the Players Towel, which is a bit larger at 22" x 40", and also with a waffle design and sublimated printing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Version two of the towels is in the works, with some adjustments and upgrades. Here's a quick list:

• The word "forward" is spelled correctly. Small thing, but I'm glad. 😄 
  • All towels have a magnet. They sent me some without just to send some extra towels.
  • Grommets on all four corners so it can be used on grass and to tee it down in the wind.
  • Ball position indicator lines for when you use it long ways.
  • Stronger carabiner.
  • Minor design or verbage updates - Wash Instructions Label, Title Change to towel name, updated spelling and grammar, Patent Pending Logo, website on towel.

These will be available in January.

They also responded to a few of my comments above:

• 1 - Do you want to get dirt on the printed side with the "training aids"? This is a problem for sure but if you wash your towel it all cleans off.
  • 2 - No putting arcs or something on the back side? Like the Vizio mats? Why not? Give me a few of those arcs. This was not designed for putting but it has features built into it for it. We played with swing arcs and it already had so much it was getting away from original intent. However, we are working on a junior model and putting specific towel.
  • 1 - Overly wordy on the one side. One of the biggest downsides we hear regularly you're not alone on this one. I also am not a fan. However, during testing it had to be designed with the new golfer in mind so it has very basic instructions for them. Pick up off the shelf and use it ready for the new golfer was the goal.
  • 1 - I measure ball position by the back of the ball, not the center of the ball, because we hit the back of the ball. I wonder how many people think of it that way as well. I have always used center as center and moved from that position forward.
  • 1 - The shaft lean graphics (see the image below) are to the "middle" ball, which feels awkward for a ball position that isn't in the middle. It is a off once you get away from center and the only reason we keep it was due to the intent of the shaft lean. Hard enough to get people to hit down on the ball as it is.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades