• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FitForGolf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-20%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack/FitForGolf, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope. 15% off TourStriker (no code).
    • When I was shadowing/observing Larry Ward before my daughter played NCAA Nationals last year in Kentucky, one of his lessons involved trying to get the golfer to push harder with his left (lead) foot; to increase his vertical forces. The kid was trying for awhile, trying to "stomp" down into the ground and "land" with his weight into the ground. It wasn't working. I spoke up, and told him the way to push into the ground was to push against the ground, and you do that by trying to jump off of it, by shoving the ground downward by extending your hip, knee, etc. The golfer was almost trying to do it backward - he was trying to use gravity to do the pushing downward, when what he wanted to do was push himself upward. Golfers are generally really bad, in my experience, at understanding how ground reaction forces (GRF) work. For example, to push your left hip back more or to "clear" your hips in the downswing, you have to try to push the ground toward the golf ball. The ground doesn't move, though, so what does move is your left hip… in the opposite direction. For example, if you stand an inch from a solid wall, with your hands against the wall and your elbows fully bent, and you push against the wall by extending your elbows, YOU will move away from the wall. The wall — like the ground — isn't going anywhere. By pushing east, you move west. Ask a golfer to add force to their right foot… and they'll often shove themselves to the right, which adds force beneath their left foot. To be honest, it's one of the reasons that, despite having been one of the first people to own a SwingCatalyst, and owning a BodiTrak as well, we've not really used force plates in the past six years. (The other main reason is that they're a bit of a pain to set up.) This video does a pretty good job of illustrating a few things. I encourage you to watch it, should you have a lesson on force plates in your future.
    • Day 20 - 2024-10-20 Thumb wasn't feeling great (and stubbed it a bit in a way that, if it was my right thumb, I'd barely notice, but which I very much noticed on my left thumb), so I did some putting work and some mirror work in between watering the yard.
    • Wordle 1,219 5/6 🟨⬛🟨⬛⬛ ⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨 ⬛🟨⬛🟨⬛ ⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • Let's catch up a bit: Episode 5 on temperature Episode 6 on how balls react off the putter Episode 7 on compression and spin Episode 8 on some "hack" (who knows…) Episode 9 on the greenside benefit of Tour balls
    • Wordle 1,219 3/6 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜ ⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...