IGNORED

Ebay or Golf Store???

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Go to reviews.ebay.com and do a search for Callaway FT-i. You'll see lots of reviewers saying they ended up with counterfeits. I stopped looking after that, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was true with other clubs too.

Most clubs, if not all, come with a serial number. If you see an item without one, ask the manufacturer or check their website.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Are they making counterfeit shafts too? I love the shaft on my driver (main reason why I switched), so if this is a counterfeit fujikura speeder, they should start selling them legit!!! (not that I think mine is counterfeit, I've owned 6 callaway drivers in the past and this one appears to be similar quality, plus it has a serial number)

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

When I bought my new kit, I decided to go to a local shop. I had my previous clubs for ages and while they are very good clubs, they just didn't fit properly. I considered getting them fitted but decided to take advantage of the advances of the past decade or so.

I was willing to spend more money to get exactly what I wanted, fitted exactly right and not worry about buying counterfeit. Buying local from a reputable shop also gives me options should I need adjustment or advice.

Being able to deal with potential issues by taking a 5 minute drive appealed to me much more than service, (if it is even possible), by mail.

I just bought a set of Nike CCi's off ebay... $385... for the 4-AW. I went into a golf store in my town and for the same set they wanted $800.00. I was skeptical at first but the place I bought them from has a LOT of feedback... (golfetail). So I hope that I didnt get some clones. I guess I will find out in a week when they get here.

I love to buy my stuff from an ebay golf store. I real retail store that sells alot of their stuff on ebay also. I feel i can trust them because they also have the responsibility of running their own store in person and wouldn't want to ruin their reputation on ebay as well.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I got my driver, irons, and all three wedges on e-bay, and the bag too. I think it is the greatest golf store going -- if you know exactly what you want. If you are not sure, check it out at the local store first. I have no experience with anything used, I only buy new. You can't get fitted or demo something, but the prices are generally better than what you might find at the local pro shop or golf store.

I have found that many of the places selling are pro shops that get too much stuff for their store. They get great deals and are often looking to dump it cheap to get rid of it. In my experience the best time to buy is in the late fall and winter. Most places will look to dump the prior years stuff to get ready for the next model year.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Ebay is very tempting considering its prices. However, I'm not taking any chances with Ebay when I spend more than $200 for a club. I'm thinking about getting a Clevend Hibore XLS, which is selling for $323 including taxes at RogerDunn. On Ebay it's about $250, but I'm don't want to take that risk.

I would rather trust the golf shop than those Ebayer when I spend this much money

Usually used stuff it not counterfeit, but brand new callaway, ping or taylormade woods which are at very low buy it now prices are.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

I prefer to try before I buy Thus I buy from a pro if I was right handed and had a choice of clubs from playing partners I could try I believe I would go the e-bay way .Also clones are generally easy to spot To my eye they just don,t look right and sound like crap

one thing about going the extra mile there,s never a lot of traffic

what,s in the bag

driver: F speed LD 9 aldila NV stiff3 woodF speed LD 15 adila nv regularutility baffler 20 adila hl65 regularirons x-12 4 to pw rch99 firmwedges x18 forged 52 56&60putter im-01

I only buy from one website -globalgolf.com and they are reliable IMHO, so far have bought my irons and a couple of hybrids from them and have had no hassles so far.

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

maybe mine is a counterfeit? i guess you can't know for sure. but i had a callaway driver prior, and my new one performs more consistently than the old one, so if it is a counterfeit it is pretty good. Shaft is nice and it goes just as far as the old one.

Counterfeiting is rampant and a big deal on Ebay: http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.js...=1211174376057 Generally, just be careful and don't be naive about fakes being on Ebay. Check out this site (based in China) which openly sells fake copies that often end up on Ebay being shopped as the real deal: www.dhgate.com Despite all of this, I have purchased two of my clubs on Ebay. I just used common sense (feedback history, length of time as an Ebay seller etc.) and asked a lot of questions (ask for serial #). I got my putter from a 3Balls ebay auction in excellent shape. Most of my clubs have extra length due to my height and have a non-std lie. Also, these were only my 2nd set so I needed the fitting process from my local pro shop.

I only buy from one website -globalgolf.com and they are reliable IMHO, so far have bought my irons and a couple of hybrids from them and have had no hassles so far.

I have had good luck with globalgolf in the past as well.

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I have never bought golf stuff from ebay but other things I have...One place I have had good luck on is the marketplace at golfwrx.com...I bought a Nike Sumo2 5900 with a V2 shaft for 250 shipped and I would say it was a easy 9/10 and another great deal was a Nike Slingshot tour hybrid and Nike Forged wedge both brand new, got them both for only 80 bucks shipped...there marketplace is really active with new stuff all the time and great deals...Seems like fellow golfers just tryin to help others with good deals...I did pay 40 bucks for a UNC Winn grip tho, way overpaid but couldnt find a UNC grip anywhere expect for the C-thru ones

In My Bag:

Sumo2 5900
Sasquatch 3w
Slingshot 2 Hybrid Slingshot 4-AW CG10 52* Forged 58* Studio Select Newport 1.5

I have never bought golf stuff from ebay but other things I have...One place I have had good luck on is the marketplace at golfwrx.com...I bought a Nike Sumo2 5900 with a V2 shaft for 250 shipped and I would say it was a easy 9/10 and another great deal was a Nike Slingshot tour hybrid and Nike Forged wedge both brand new, got them both for only 80 bucks shipped...there marketplace is really active with new stuff all the time and great deals...Seems like fellow golfers just tryin to help others with good deals...I did pay 40 bucks for a UNC Winn grip tho, way overpaid but couldnt find a UNC grip anywhere expect for the C-thru ones

This is a little off topic, but I cant start my own thread just yet...

How do you like the nike drivers and whatnot? I am looking at buying my driver, wood, hybrid today and thats what I have eyed up.

Heres a list of what i've bought off of ebay...

Both TM R7 drivers, TM 3 wood, TM 3hybrid, Cobra FP 4-PW, Titleist Vokey Wedge set, and Odyssey Black Series putter and my GolfGuru GPS. Oh yeah, my Ogio bag.

Everything in my bag (including my bag) is from Ebay. All of it is 100% legit (if something isn't, it plays just like a legit..ha!). You just have to know what to look for. Anything shipping from Hong Kong, I immediately close it out. Anything that has a ridiculous price for buy it now, especially on a 1-3 day auction...immediately close it out. I only buy from respectible sellers with high feedback ratings. The only problem i've had on Ebay is with a garmin gps but i've already got that resolved with no problem. (Wait, I did get ripped off one time...bought a bluetooth headset but never came. Disputed with paypal and got my money back).

Only things I buy from golf stores are like impulse buys (golf hats, shirts, club cleaner, etc).

I guess it depends on what I'm buying. I will say, I buy something off of Ebay nearly every week.

I've been using Ebay for over 5 years now. I've had pretty good luck (all purchases btw). If there is a problem, it hasn't been with the product but the seller. So I've learned to buy from NO ONE with a feedback percentage lower than 98%. The only way I will buy from someone with a lower percentage is if they've had over 1,000 transactions, or if they've only had a few, and just starting out. I make sure I message them about their neg. feedback and ask 'em exactly what happened. If they sound fishy, I don't buy from them. If it was a legitimate answer, I consider it.

I've purchased 2 or 3 drivers, used golf balls, my Garmin Golflogix. . .I've also picked up some AWESOME SK Fiber shafts. The seller splines/pures them and marks them. Turned my cheap Integra Quadratic fairway woods into some nice clubs honestly--the oem shafts simply sucked!

I've purchased Adidas torsion golf shoes, golf clothes, including some great deals on dry-fit shirts.

I have no problem with Ebay at all. I also don't mess around. I have 100% positive feedback on all my purchases.

Globalgolf is on ebay. purchased from them, rockbottom of course is cool. And usedgolfballs.

i am afraid of all the scams and people ripping off stuff online. It is kinda crazy. i get all my clubs at a used golf store. get to see the stuff as well as try it out.

one day at a time....

Driver MX 500 9.5*
2 iron ping eye 2
irons MP 60 3-PW52*wedge MP R56* wedge MP R60* MP Tputter white ice #9ball warbirdbag aerolite

I have bought some clubs off ebay, as it is excellent because you can buy a club, and then if you don't like it, sell it again.
Sometimes you lose, sometimes you earn, it really is great.
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

Note: This thread is 5831 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!