IGNORED

Bye Bye Bud Light???

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Since I live in St. Louis, this could be a big deal. What do you think? Personally I haven't researched it enough to post a strong argument either way.....

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...aspx?GT1=33002

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Unlikely (and unfortunate) that the tried and tested Budweiser products would vanish from the market. For whatever reason, Budweiser people are loyal and it would be a real bad business move to spend that much money on buying a brewing company and then cutting out or discontinuing it's most popular and best selling beers.

Personally, if the big American macrobrews all disappeared over night, I wouldn't notice.

Blog Internetz | Twitter | Rolling Knolls
----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

Miller has been owned by a south African company for some time, these things are more investments and less actually turning a company into something else or really working the company as your own. InBev is HUGE and is more than likely looking to AB as a cash cow and a ready made distributer for some of their other Euro products, here in the states.

Andrew

I meant that as a joke.... I know Bud products won't be discontinued. I just wanted to see everyones view on a foreign firm taking over an american company.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Works for me. Any sort of European influence on the American beer industry is welcome.

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*
Recovery 21* Pure Distance 4-PW Diadic 52* and raw 588 60* Anser 4 blade U-Tri Tour

I don't see this happening at all. It's an unsolicited bid and I can't see Anheuser-Busch selling out to anyone. Of course (like the article states), ImBev will probably just go the shareholders to get what it wants.

The deal is expected to be financed with at least $40 billion in debt...

Yikes, that's a heck of lot of debt.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Works for me. Any sort of European influence on the American beer industry is welcome.

Preach on!!! Notice the latest Sam Adams commercials talking up their trips to Bavaria for hops. Only American beer that tastes good to me.

Well I would say it is the only mass-marketed American beer that tastes good to me, and I am not a huge fan of their more popular brews (although their Scotch ale is ubelievable...just...unbelievable).

Even some of the brands owned by SABMiller, most notably Leinenkugel's, make some good beer...but when it comes to the recognizable American industry giants, (Miller, Bud & Coors), I really can't understand how anyone could enjoy that garbage.

----
Super LoCo 457cc 10*
Tight Lies 16* & 13*

I really can't understand how anyone could enjoy that garbage.

Probably the same way people enjoy Bud while others call it garbage.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

Note: This thread is 5802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!