IGNORED

A good way to save money

907golfer12
Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So first off, if you don't know, I am 15 years old (16 in December) and don't have a job yet. So obviously I don't have much of my own money.

So after reading an article in our local paper bout a woman saving a lot of money by saving ALL of her 5 dollar bills, to save money for her son for college. She saved some $50,000.

So I have decided to do the same, but with a little twist. My goal is to save AT LEAST $5 every day until my family goes to Maui (about 4 months). My hope is to have enough money to get a new set of irons, and maybe a wedge or two. By my math I will have saved over $600, plus birthday money, and money from chores and selling various items.

But if you need to save money try saving 5 or 10 dollar bills for a while.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Tell your folks about your plans to save for new clubs and see if they will match your savings in some percentage. They might just be so impressed with your financial goals that they will encourage you with a matching grant.

Before you talk with them, do some calculations on paper for the amount of money each day until your end date and the total amount you will have saved, this will impress them and know you have given this lots of thought and are serious.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Tell your folks about your plans to save for new clubs and see if they will match your savings in some percentage. They might just be so impressed with your financial goals that they will encourage you with a matching grant.

I agree with this, My parents agreed to do this with some things as well. For my new irons, they just payed for them but I pay them back, I can afford them.. but just didn't have the money at the time.

But again, saving $5 bills is a good idea. How come you can't get a job yet?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Nice idea, I think when my colleagues would go to Starbucks twice a day for a cup of coffee they didn't realise they were spending about $2000/yr (when we had pretty good free coffee in the office) and then would complain they had no money for a holiday, plane tickets, going out etc...

As they say every little helps...

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

When I was your age I did the same thing. I would cut a hole in a shoe box, then duct tape it so I couldnt get into it. I would throw all of the 1s and 5s I had in my pocket when I got home. This made me also think twice about spending my twenties knowing I would have to put it in the box when I got home. Birthday money was always cool too, although now I think I would just rather not have my birthday. Keep it up buddy.

Exodus bag
R7 Dual Driver, R7 3w
CGB Rescue 3
CGB max 4-PW
CG11 Black Pearl 52* Vokey Spin Milled 56/14 CG11 Black Pearl 60* Black Series 1

How come you can't get a job yet?

Because all of the places that are a reasonable driving distance all hire when you get to 16, and my mom isn't willing to drive that far. But next summer I will be able to drive myself, but will be able to work at my home course, which is maybe 3-4 minutes away.

And to the thing about my mom giving X% in what I make, she just paid half for my driver (TM Tour Burner) and that was because I won the Junior State AM, and she paid for half of my PING i10's, which I got because I needed new irons. And before you say that my PING's are fine, my ball striking has gotten 1000% better and I hit the sweet spot 95% of the time, so I'm either going to get Titleist ZM's or ZB's.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Just wondering how you can save $5 a day if you don't have a job? When I was 16 I had a hard time saving ANY money when I HAD a job! Not trying to be a smart-azz here, just curious.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Because all of the places that are a reasonable driving distance all hire when you get to 16, and my mom isn't willing to drive that far. But next summer I will be able to drive myself, but will be able to work at my home course, which is maybe 3-4 minutes away.

I wouldn't understand why you want new irons when you have i10's. I10's are basically like Players Irons.

In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I wouldn't understand why you want new irons when you have i10's. I10's are basically like Players Irons.

I'm probably going to get blades, as I feel they will help my game.

Just wondering how you can save $5 a day if you don't have a job? When I was 16 I had a hard time saving ANY money when I HAD a job! Not trying to be a smart-azz here, just curious.

I do lots of chores, clean the house, trash, laundry, sweep, clean all of the hardwood floors, etc.

Here's what I play:

I'm probably going to get blades, as I feel they will help my game.

How so? Your a 12 handicap. I don't think anyone above a 5 handicap really benefits from blades. I mean look at the guys on tour even. How many play true blades anymore? Not many. There's a reason. Sets like MP57s, AP2s, R7 TP, etc. etc. are all for the better player but give you that sense of confidence that if you do miss you won't be "screwed."

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Administrator
I don't think anyone above a 5 handicap really benefits from blades. I mean look at the guys on tour even. How many play true blades anymore? Not many.

This has been discussed several times on this site alone. There are plenty, PLENTY of reasons why someone might want to play with blades. I learned - from the time I first started playing golf - with muscleback blades, and am glad for the experience. LOTS of reasons someone might want to play blades.

There's a reason.

Yeah - it's their livelihood. And they're sensitive enough to know where they hit the ball on the clubface - not that they miss much.

Don't make assumptions about what other people want to get from the game or how they might try to get there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How so? Your a 12 handicap. I don't think anyone above a 5 handicap really benefits from blades. I mean look at the guys on tour even. How many play true blades anymore? Not many. There's a reason. Sets like MP57s, AP2s, R7 TP, etc. etc. are all for the better player but give you that sense of confidence that if you do miss you won't be "screwed."

My area's handicap just updated, and I am actually a 5.3 index now

Here's what I play:

congrats on the big handicap jump! If your looking for some easy money with no taxes.. do some yard work for the neighbors. They usually will pay you 8-10$ an hour, do that for 4 hours a week for a month and you have 120-160$.

Another couple good ideas on saving money:
-When you get your license, still try to carpool as much as possible
- don't get a gf, (haha that's a joke but they can be expensive!)
- Don't eat out! PB&J; with chips and apples is healthier then McDonald's, and you save 5$!

Sumo 10.5*
R7 Draw 15* 3W
3dx 17* 2H
Pi5 3-PW
Spin Milled Vokey 54* CG11 60* C-01

My area's handicap just updated, and I am actually a 5.3 index now

God.. how the hell do you do that.. Is there some kind of key to golf that I'm missing?

In My Bag

God.. how the hell do you do that.. Is there some kind of key to golf that I'm missing?

I don't know, my game is just coming together right now. I'm hitting the high cut I like, putting good (25 putts last round), and my last 5 rounds have been 73,73,74,76,77.

Here's what I play:

If you just jumped that much and are going to switch your irons god bless ya.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5752 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!