IGNORED

Too much $$$ at the range

Rugger
Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

#1) If you are spending $75 a week, that means you are hitting 10 big buckets a week. My guess is that you are hitting one, hitting one, hitting one, hitting one, etc. Try a full shot routine. Leave all the balls in the bucket. Reach down, pick up one ball. Tee it up (or place it in the grass for "approach" shots). Step back, and aim your shot. Pick a target. Do your practice swing. Setup and stepup to the ball. Do your waggle. Swing. Hold your finish. Watch the ball all the way until it hits the ground and watch it all the way until it stops rolling. Relax. Determine what you liked / didn't like about that shot. Step back. Make a mental note: were you on target? Finally, reach down and pick up another ball and start again.

This is great advice. I tried this today and it went very well. I still had some mis-hits, but overall I feel like I made more progress toward becoming consistent. 1 bucket lasted me about 60% more time than normal and I was able to more thoroughly evaluate each swing and it's result. Consistency with a driver using the 'full routine' method was way up. I probably hit 20-25 driver shots and maybe 1 or 2 were off target enough to be lost on a course.

R9 9.5*
MP630 3 Wood
MP630 CLK Hybrid 17*
MP-32 3-pw Rifle Project X 6.0
56*10 satin & 60*10 oil can Method #1

Thankfully range balls are free with my club membership (I pay $35 / month), otherwise I'd spend a small fortune as I hit over 4 large buckets per week.

Note: This thread is 5749 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!