IGNORED

Tiger - Yankees or Red Sox fan?

pjsnyc
Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If Arod was so cursed, you guys wouldnt be in the pst season last year. Or would not be 500 this year.
Jeter was a great clutch player. But where was his CLUTCH LAST YEAR? Arod got booed and had the same numbers as Jeter in the post season. Face it, Yankees fans dont like him, because he hasnt won yet, but neither would the team without him.

Sure Jeter is proven. But where are his clutch hits? Again, in last years playoffs, why did Arod get booed and not Jeter? Its all about the fact that one is home grown and one was a Steinbrenner special. (buy top talent). It is great to see small market teams beat the big guys now. Yet, until the system is changed and it is like football where every team is on an even playing field, it still isnt fair.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Face it, Yankees fans dont like him, because

Honestly, I was kinda happy when A-Rod 'opted out' at the end of last year. Kinda pissed when he decided to stay. The Yankees would be much better off with the extra money to get good pitching.

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Ummmm...like I said - If it were up to me - I'd not have signed him and went after pitching. Remember - HRs put the fans in the seats. Pitching is what wins championships.

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

He didnt DECIDE TO STAY. They bought him with money that no other team could offer. Without him, you guys might not have been in the playoffs for the last 3 years.

ACTUALLY, 3 years ago (if all RedSox fans remember), He WAS SIGNED to another team that could afford him, but the PLAYER'S UNION nixed the deal ... at the time I didn't want him here in Boston and I am still happy that he isn't here!

There is only one thing that I will route for A-ROD for ... and that is passing that "other guy" who broke Hammerin' Hanks HR record ... A-Rod can hit as many homeruns as he wants as long as it's not against the Red Sox And CERTAINLY not against the Red Sox in October!
In my Bag:

Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff shaft
3 WoodBurner 15* stiff shaft
5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

if tiger is a bean town guy then thats just wrong.... LETS GO YANKEES!

In My: Black Titleist sc75 Bag
Driver:  G20 10*

Irons: Soon To Be Titleist 712 CB/MB Combos 
Wedge: 60* Spin Milled Oilcan

Putter: Circa 62 Model 1Putter #2 Vintage Pal

Ball:  E6

You dont have to worry about that. He wont be facing the Red Sox in Oct or any other team at that time.

You are right about that ... He'll be playin' golf, or shaggin' Madonna ...

In my Bag:

5 WoodBurner 18* stiff ShaftHybrid3DX (18.5*)Irons: (4-LW):Putter: Rossa Indy SportBalls: Reds

Ummmm...like I said - If it were up to me - I'd not have signed him and went after pitching. Remember - HRs put the fans in the seats. Pitching is what wins championships.

No, putting wins championships. (

)
if tiger is a bean town guy then thats just wrong.... LETS GO YANKEES!

Tiger's a

winner , how's that wrong ?
You are right about that ... He'll be playin' golf, or shaggin' Madonna ...

Sounds like a little yin and yang, heaven and hell. Madonna is

not hot.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

... Madonna is

Good point,

My Bad!
In my Bag:

...Tiger's a

Yankees = 26 World Championships...I'd say that would qualify

Being a die-hard Sox fan I can't believe I am about to say this ...

Yes, the Yankees are "winning team" I can't deny the 26 Championships that they have ... and back in the 90's THEY WERE IT - no one was better ... *vomit a little*

BUT baseball (as with most professional sports) is a "what have you done for me lately" envionment ... so lately they have blown a 3 game lead in a ALCS and failed to make the playoffs ... They are not IT anymore they are a long way from being IT again ... as a team they are old, they are beat up and they are going to be rebuilding for a while.
In my Bag:

Being a die-hard Sox fan I can't believe I am about to say this ...

To that - I will agree. Serious rebuild mode...or just get better physical trainers. We got stymied with our injuries (Wang, Posada, Matsui, Damon, A-Rod, Giambi, Joba, the list goes on).

Actually, lately, they just beat the Sox on a walk-off single in the bottom of the 9th ... oh well, we still took 2 out of 3!

In my Bag:

Actually, lately, they just beat the Sox on a walk-off single in the bottom of the 9th ... oh well, we still took 2 out of 3!

DAMN! I was taping it! Its ok, I forgive you...I have to work late anyway and I sure as hell probably would've just looked it up instead of staying up til 3AM watching it. In any case, getting 1 win out of this series is A LOT better than getting swept...they may still have a chance yet! Remember the Rockies last year?

Edit...Or the Phillies?

Yep, I remember the Rockies ... They got swept in the World Series by the Sox ... that's all I need to know about them ...

In my Bag:

Yep, I remember the Rockies ... They got swept in the World Series by the Sox ... that's all I need to know about them ...

Nevertheless - an unbelievable run they had in September and October

And that unbelievable finish against the Padres with that head first dive at home by Matt Holliday? God I love Baseball!

If I remember correctly they won like 15 of their last 16 before the series right ... I always love seeing a small market team do well ... I really want to give it up for the Rays this year ...

Baseball is a great game ... anything can happen, and usually does ...

What do you think of instant replay ... I'm not a fan, but if it helps get the calls right (without creating 5 hour games) it might be good for the game.
In my Bag:

Note: This thread is 5718 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!