IGNORED

What's the most 'trouble' you've gotten into at a course?

JCDot33
Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Briefly:

Waiting to approach the first tee and testing my friends new (and heavy) lob wedge, the momentum of the heavy wedge got ahead of me and I pitched the ball about 50-60 yards to land just 10-15 yards short of the first tee where the forward group were preparing to tee off. Most embarassing call of "four" i've made to date. Not helped by my play partners falling about laughing and my own feeble explanations about not having played a heavy lob wedge before.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

320 Yarder, blind downhill. Me and another in my foursome are standing in the approach behind the player who's away, just before the small green, waiting to putt. The group behind us drives their cart to the edge of the ridge where they can see that we're right in front of the green. They drive back and within 15-20 seconds start teeing off. (We weren't playing slow).. Suddenly a ball sizzles about four feet over my head a slaps loudly into our approach. The four of us began yelling (**expletive*deleted**) with good reason. I proceeded to pocket the guy's ball. So we putt out and move to the next tee. The faulty group behind us hit down, and we waited for them. When the guy who almost hit me asked us where his ball was (isolating himself as the hitter), we told him we didn't know, that he almost hit us, and that he'd be lucky if that's all he lost today (his teeth came to mind). Basically to go shove it.He got all po'd and dropped a ball and they finished their hole. Meanwhile, we hit our tee shots. But before we advanced, I-being the nice guy I am- tee'd up his recently found pro-v from my pocket for him and one-finger-waved with a smile...

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

LOL. Similar experience with a better ending, eh Bill? Just went back and saw your story after I told mine...In my defense, two of my group were armed, and fistfighting with a gun in your pocket is a big no-no. And, technically he didn't hit anyone. Plus they were thinking about talking tough until they saw the look on our faces...then it was like a "skeeeert": lock up the brakes, oops, wrong-way....

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

Let's see, I have several. These first two are from my youth, when I was maybe 12 or so.

My father belonged to a podunk country club way out in the middle of nowhere, and we went often. There was this long dirt road to get to the clubhouse, which you travelled on to get back from the back nine. There was a really nice handicapped fellow that we saw all the time, and he came wobbling out of the club house waving both arms at me. I thought he was just excited to see me as a I booked it down that dirt path at what felt like 30 mph. Right before I slammed in to the gas tank of his car I heard him yell "NOooooo, SCHNOP! SCHNOP!" I probably looked like an idiot flying through the air while laughing my ass off, but I deserved it. And the ass-whooping I got from my dad since he had to pay for the 600.00 damage to the car.

One other time, I fetched the cart for my dad (why did he still let me drive it?) and parked it by the putting green which was very sloped and near a gigantic pond. Stupid me of course forget to set the parking break and it rolled into the water. Thankfully not very far, and we were able to get it out.

All this was twenty or more years ago. My most recent one was at the local par 3 course I play with some friends of my wife. There was a group of assinine teenagers that were skipping holes, and playing extremely slow. They had us stuck at a standstill as each hole got more and more backed up. We were a threesome and the group behind us had like 6 people in it, so they were never at the tee when we finished a hole. We'd usually hit an extra ball , or practice a chip or putt again. As we were walking off the green, I spotted a ball a few feet short of the green and thought it was my partners so I picked it up for him. This guy at the tee lets out this agonized horrible scream that scared me so bad, I through the ball down like it had bit me. I yelled back an apology and hurried on. It wasn't until later that I realised that idiot had teed off while we were still putting on a 190 yrd par 3.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Oh god where would I start... I've never been kicked off a golf course but I have had my fair share of bouts with staff, and other golfers...

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!