IGNORED

Hurricane Gustav

srjorion
Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been in New Orleans less than a month and it looks like this fella has a good chance of coming our way. I was in Pensacola for Ivan and it was horrible, but luckily my house faired very well. I'm not looking forward to another cleanup from a big storm

My wife, kids and pets are evacuating tomorrow morning. I'll be heading out tomorrow afternoon or evening after I finish securing everything at work. The wife's vehicle will also have the important documents and essentials for a few days away. Me, I'm loading up with some gas cans, chainsaw, and coolers in the back of the truck, and up front I have some gear from work, my clothes, and........MY GOLF CLUBS!!!!! Priorities baby! Of course, the wife looked at me funny when I said I was taking them out with me.

Anyone else in the New Orleans or Gulf Coast looking to be affected by this storm?

Good luck to all.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Obviously no where near you but I hope you don't get hit too hard, if at all.

Good luck mate.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

Im not in that area either, but I wish you guys the best of luck. Supposedly this is going to be another Katrina.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Thanks guys. My fingers are crossed this doesn't turn out bad. I'm renting and have insurance so I could care less about my personal items (except for the golf clubs of course!). I just hope everyone gets out of town this time and nobody gets hurt. I haven't been able to play here, but the course up the road from me is building a new clubhouse since the old one was damaged by Katrina. It really sucks for them.

Katrina was bad on New Orleans due to flooding but it veered just to the right and wound up really smacking Gulfport and Biloxi Mississippi. Most people just think New Orleans was hit hard, but those places were almost wiped off the map. If Katrina hadn't made that last minute turn to the right New Orleans would have been much more worse off.

Gustav so far looks to be heading just to the left of New Orleans, the worst place it could go. A swipe down the right side of a Cat 3 or greater storm for New Orleans is going to mean some serious flooding. I'm definitely getting the heck out of town!
In my bag:

Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Good luck down there, it's a pain but at least you have warning. Good luck and may you return home soon.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Good luck with it all; hope all goes well.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Sup, I'm about 45 minutes from Pensacola, so I'm keeping tabs on it.

I just moved from Pensacola last month and am currently here again on my way East to get away from the storm. The good thing is I was able to get a good practice in at the course I used to live near this morning and then went out this afternoon and played 18. They have a great driving range, chipping green, and putting green and I've been missing them ever since I left. My wife is so awesome, letting me go play a round while we are on the road.

The wife keeps asking me what my gut feeling is on this storm. It's always tough to predict where it will finally go, but I don't have a good feeling about it for sure. The house I'm renting is right next to the Mississippi River about fifty miles inland. It's in a perfect place to get flooding if the storm progresses like it is. I hope everyone is spared with this storm, but unfortunately it looks like someone is going take a bad hit.
In my bag:

Not quite sure what to expect from the whole thing. I just moved to Houston about 2 weeks ago, haven't gotten in any golf yet because I don't have a clue where the decent courses are or know anyone for that matter. Anyway, from the look of it I'm far enough inland that I may not have to go anywhere. My girlfriend lives about an hour away and she will be evacuating to somewhere today it looks. Houston seems to still be waiting for word on the whole thing. Hopefully everyone in more pressing danger can get out safely and it all turns out ok. I've been keeping my eye on it for the last couple of days and it doesn't look too good.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Any updates on this, I have heard this ones turning out pretty serious?

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

good luck man. hope it doesnt end up too bad!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

It is actually turning out to be less than what initially thought. Gustav never really came back together too much after it crossed Cuba. If it would have, it could have jumped up to a Category 5. But, now it is hitting at barely a Cat 3. Which is still a big hurricane, just not as bad as it could be.

I'm sitting in Baton Rouge for the whole ordeal. So, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the kind words and thanks for the prayers.

The wind is just starting to pick up here in Baton Rouge, we've had some rain on and off.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

Got this website yesterday from my sister in Tampa, She's unaffected this time (thank the golf Gods). But her boyfriends family is in the direct path in Texas.. But Hanna might be close to my daughter and her newborn... next to Charlotte... Take care all... ~Tom B.
Patienty waiting for our next Nor~Easter in New England...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26295161/

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

well, here's an update. While the storm was less than expected, it wrecked major damage in Baton Rouge. Many are saying it was just as bad or worse than Hurricane Betsy in 1965. There have been over 600 calls of homes with trees in them as of last night. There is also zero electricity in the city, other than generators. About 75% of red lights/stop signs have damage or are completely knocked down. There are powerlines every where also.

Looks like the storm lived up to its billing here in Baton Rouge. I'll have more information as soon as it becomes available.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

Just got off the phone with my sister in Tampa. Her boy friend left at 4 this afternoon for Denim Springs, Lousianna... He works storm damage for the power companies... Help is on the way... I Just got to call her at 5:30 am tomorrow and wake her butt up!!! But I love her anyway... Best wishes to all... ~Tom B.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Note: This thread is 5724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!