IGNORED

Google Chrome - Web Browser

T.J.K.
Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just thought I would throw this out there.

It's the new browser from Google. So far I like it more than Firefox, and a ton better than IE 7 and especially 8.

http://www.google.com/chrome

It has some pretty neat features and seems to be glitch free so far.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

Yeah, I'm really impressed so far. I'm running it in vmware fusion on my Mac. Clean, fast, understated. Google seems to understand that the browser doesn't need to draw attention to itself. I just needs to get out of the way and deliver the web.

Eager for the linux and os x releases.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Thanks for the heads up on this, I've loaded it and using it now. We'll see if I keep it or not.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Been testing it at work today to make sure our site renders properly (it does)...I love the fact that you can turn flash on/off in that little task manager. Very minimalistic and I hope it stays that way, though I don't like the zoom feature as is right now. Unlike IE, Firefox, and Opera, it only resizes text. I'm sure they'll change it when it gets to beta level 239302388924830

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

though I don't like the zoom feature as is right now. Unlike IE, Firefox, and Opera, it only resizes text.

PJ-

That's exactly the reason I'm not using it right now. Not only won't it zoom pages as a whole, it won't "remember" text zoom. So if there is a website that uses small text, you have to resize text on every page. I do like how Chrome uses space though. Like putting the tabs at the top where every other browser wastes space on the "blue bar" where the browser name is.

...I do like how Chrome uses space though. Like putting the tabs at the top where every other browser wastes space on the "blue bar" where the browser name is.

BINGO! I bet the next incarnations of browsers will follow suit on that one. Not a huge deal, but definitely nice to have that extra real estate

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

Might want to look over Section 11 of the EULA before committing to Chrome.

Users "give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services." It then defines services as "Google’s products, software, services and web sites."

Supposedly, the EULA is going to change, but until it does: bad browser.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator
Supposedly, the EULA is going to change, but until it does: bad browser.

Good stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Might want to look over Section 11 of the EULA before committing to Chrome.

There's no way that would ever fly (especially in a browser of all things!). Supposedly it was an 'error' and I'm glad they're 'rewording it'. Besides, there's no way EVERYONE will be switching to chrome in the first week. It's a great browser that loads fast and has plenty of potential.

Users "give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and nonexclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute

Wow. That is despicable. What ever happened to "Don't Be Evil"????

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

There's no way that would ever fly (especially in a browser of all things!). Supposedly it was an 'error' and I'm glad they're 'rewording it'. Besides, there's no way EVERYONE will be switching to chrome in the first week. It's a great browser that loads fast and has plenty of potential.

Like I said: it's going to change, they acknowledged it's a mistake.

Also, don't type :% into your address bar with Chrome. Betas are so much fun.

Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Insta-crash.

It's kind of an amusing message, but make sure you don't have anything important in your browser because you won't recover tabs the way you can if you close it normally.

I read where they had like 3% of the market share in under a day.

I love the performance of this browser so far and that fact that it is webkit based makes it faster than the other browsers in my opinion. It's even a bit faster than Safari I think which is pretty dang fast.

In the
AMP Cart Bag
Driver : 3Dx Square Tour 8°
3 Wood : 4DX
2H : Edge CFT TitaniumIrons : M685 3-PWWedges : CG12 Satin 54° and 58°Putter : Odyssey White XG #9 33"Balls : Staff ZIP

In case anyone's interested, looks like it has been fixed.

http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google...nse-agreement/
11. Content license from you 11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services.

Note: This thread is 5722 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!