IGNORED

Spin Milled or Regular?

jmgilliam
Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well I just went & bought the CG14's (Black Pearl) ... a 50* and a 56*. I will play with them tomorrow & let you know how they feel! Did some searching on the internet to try to decide what was best, and ended up on the Golf Digest website ranking page that listed the Cleveland ahead of the Vokeys.

I took a chance, and hopefully they work great! Thank you all for your input!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I have Taylor Made r7's and my PW is 45 degree and I got a 50 Vokey to fill the gap, now I want to replace my Ping Eye 2 SW with a Vokey. Looking at 56 degree and wanted to get feedback on the spin milled versus regular vokey design -- pros and cons?

The spin milled wedges are not actually milled. The are cast to look like the are milled. I just thought I would throw that out there.

The spin milled wedges are not actually milled. The are cast to look like the are milled. I just thought I would throw that out there.

Umm, actually they are milled from 8620 mild carbon steel.

Vokey Spin Milled wedges feature a CNC machined cut face and grooves. A special circular saw style cutting tool is used to create precise grooves with a steeper draft angle and a tighter edge radius for increased friction. Vokey Spin Milled wedges have 30% more groove volume than a conventional wedge. This provides more consistent and higher spin, particularly from grassy lies and wet conditions. Spin Milled gives you the confidence to successfully execute more challenging short game shots. http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/we...spinmilled.asp And from our very own Erik: Made of 8620 mild carbon steel, the Vokey Spin Milled wedge is just that: a Bob Vokey designed Titleist wedge that's spin milled instead of, uhhhh, not . The face of the wedge is CNC machined to create a rougher surface for better spin retention on partial shots. The wedge features 30% more groove volume due to a special circular-style saw cutting tool that offers a steeper draft angle and a tighter edge radius. In other words, the grooves are deeper and sharper. http://thesandtrap.com/clubs/vokey_s...d_wedge_review

in my EDGE bag:

10.5* XLS HiBore Driver, Fuji stiff VP70
15* XLS HiBore 3 Wood Gold stiff
22*, 25* XLS HiBore 3H, 4H, Gold stiff MP-57 5-PW, DG S300 MP-R 52 gap, MP-R 56 sandwedge SM Vokey 60 Lob Newport 2 Detour Pro-V1X, NXT Tour, Callaway Tour iXIgolf NEO GPS

Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!