IGNORED

Any experience with Callaway Pre-owned?

99s
Note: This thread is 5685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What I mean is within the past month, Callaway Pre-Owned - which has offered other mfgrs. clubs in the past - has apparently launched a new site not branded "Callaway". What I "hope" is that this means they will have a greater selection of other mfgrs. clubs as I think these are some of the best deals (overall) out there.

Gotcha!

I could have sworn I'd head of ProLine before. (But it's a very common sounding name. I'm most likely just confusing it with something else.) Hey, if it leads to more good used clubs with the same Callaway service standing behind them . . . then I'm all for it. Thanks for the info.

...If you go to that Proline url or click on that image you are taken to the proline site. This site appears to mirror the offerings on the Callaway Pre-owned site.

I'm not so sure; a couple of minutes ago I searched for Titleist 690MB forged irons and I found four sets on Proline Preowned and zero sets on Callaway Preowned.

I'm not so sure; a couple of minutes ago I searched for Titleist 690MB forged irons and I found four sets on Proline Preowned and zero sets on Callaway Preowned.

Well that is what is was doing 2 weeks ago when I was trying to buy G5 driver. But who knows. They do have the same postal address.

Paul

Paul

Driver G5 10.5º
Woods 3, 5 X FAIRWAY WOODS
Hybrid Bobby Jones Golf H4 HYBRIDIrons X-18 4-PWWedges 54º X-Forged 60º 588 RS putter Anser

• 3 weeks later...
I just ordered another club from Callaway Pre-owned (an X Forged Wedge). This will be my 6th club from them and first wedge.

I just feel very comfortable with this store. I have only bought Callaway items so I'd be interested to hear how the "other brands" stack up from anyone who has ordered from them or from their other site "Proline".

I am especially interested in anyone who has bought Vokey Wedges from them with respect to the condition and playability.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

Driver G5 10.5º
Woods 3, 5 X FAIRWAY WOODS
Hybrid Bobby Jones Golf H4 HYBRIDIrons X-18 4-PWWedges 54º X-Forged 60º 588 RS putter Anser

I use 3balls.com . Everything I have bought is in better condition than what they have said

Curious about your scorecard - how did you go from a 96 in early Aug to a 72 in mid Sept on the same course? Only page 1 of your card can be viewed, and between Mar and Aug, you scored between 91 - 96. Was the 9/15/08 score not loaded (did it default to par) - or did you discover the most amazing golf improvement product / trick in ~ 6 weeks?

Just curious...how did you do it??

My playing partner swears by Callaway Preowned and has had great success. Even when the clubs were rated as good..they came in great! He has purchased Titliest gear as well with just as much satisfaction as the Callaway's. They often have great deals and specials...you can go wrong.
Je joue au golf, et j'aime ca.
-------------------------------------
Nike SasQuatch Sumo2
HaLo 2i & 3i
3100 I/H 5-GW588 Gunmetal 53/56/60White Hot XG #2Vector BagProV1x

Curious about your scorecard - how did you go from a 96 in early Aug to a 72 in mid Sept on the same course? Only page 1 of your card can be viewed, and between Mar and Aug, you scored between 91 - 96. Was the 9/15/08 score not loaded (did it default to par) - or did you discover the most amazing golf improvement product / trick in ~ 6 weeks?

I noticed that as well, and looking deeper, it seems very unlikely that he went 18 straight pars. But maybe it can be done. I guess it really doesn't matter. But maybe PM him next time instead of going off topic Back on: I looked at Callaway pre-owned and it seems like a lot of their stuff seems pretty beat up. I'd trust them because of their reputation, but because you don't really buy it directly from the seller, it seems iffy to me.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I looked at Callaway pre-owned and it seems like a lot of their stuff seems pretty beat up. I'd trust them because of their reputation, but because you don't really buy it directly from the seller, it seems iffy to me.

When you say it seems beat up, are you talking about the condition that's stated?

I ordered my Mizuno MP-33's from them and the conditions were listed as "average." I read a couple threads on here and they were talking about how the clubs looked a lot better than what Callaway Golf Preowned said. So I took the chance and bought them. Lo and behold, my clubs came in and they were what I would describe as "Great" condition. There were some marks but nothing average about them. They even has brand new Golf Pride grips on them too! Callaway Golf Preowned get's two thumbs up from me. Shipping was also super quick. All the way from Texas to Pa in about 4 days.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

I've purchased two sets of irons, a driver, and a 3W, 5W, and 7W from Callaway Pre-owned, and got exactly what was advertised. They have a lot of good overstock -- essentially new items in the outlet -- that sell for a lot less than the clubs go for elsewhere. Good service, too.

As far as trade-in value, you get the same sort of trade in you get from Callaway itself on the trade-in, trade up: you'll get around $300 - $330 for 3-PW of new clubs in good shape, which is more like 35-40% of what you would pay for them new now.

In my C-130 Cart Bag:

Driver: Titleist D2 10.5° Aldila R.I.P. 60
Woods Exotics CB4 15° Aldila R.I.P. 70
Hybrids Exotics CB4 17°, 22° Aldila R.I.P. 80 

Irons 4-PW MP-57 Project X 6.0, MP-29 PW

Wedges  Eidolon 52°, 60° Rifle Spinner 6.5

Putter Bettinardi BB12

Ball One Black

Rangefinder Nikon Laser 500"Golf...

Note: This thread is 5685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!