IGNORED

Thoughts about starting over?

King Cobra II
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that I'm going to start golf over. I'm right handed, but only in terms of writing and throwing, I do basically everything else left handed. After two years of golf I think that I'm going to make the switch over to playing left handed. My golf game has hit rock bottom as a righty and I'm not sure where to turn it to. Anyone ever do this and have success? Anyone have any advice?

In the bag:
Driver: r7 quad v2 stiff
3-Wood: XLS
Hybrid: X
Irons: CG Golds 3-GWSW: x forged 56/13LW: Vokey sm 60/.08Putter: Callie 35''Ball: pro v1

I think that I'm going to start golf over. I'm right handed, but only in terms of writing and throwing, I do basically everything else left handed. After two years of golf I think that I'm going to make the switch over to playing left handed. My golf game has hit rock bottom as a righty and I'm not sure where to turn it to. Anyone ever do this and have success? Anyone have any advice?

I switched from righty to lefty after playing to a 12 handicap in only 2 years but I changed because of a wrist injury. I changed 5 months ago and it was the best option for me because I have about 25 mph more clubhead speed because I just to play baseball lefty and I hit every club about 30 yards further and probably 50 or 60 with a driver, so for me there is no looking back. The one advantage is that you will have a head start mentally which is most important. Never forget the techniques that you used right handed and transfer them over to left hand. Then you have to practice, practice, practice and if you have a knack for it you will adjust quickly. I went from a 36 handicap to a 20 in just about 3 months and broke 90 after two months but you will have to deal with scores that will yo-yo ( I shot a legit 89 in competition and then shot 105 the very next day!!) The most important thing is to drill the short game shots because for me it was so frustrating in the beginning to nearly drive the green and then take a double bogey because I couldn't get on green from 40 yards out. You are not likely to hit many greens in regulation if any in the beginning so you have to catch up your short game. I still putt right handed and I would suggest that you keep the putting righty or you will probably really hate life trying to develop your distance control over again. The putting didn't transfer over for me at all. I really had to adjust to the new distances and clubhead speed. I was hitting pitching wedges 150 where that used to be a seven iron so i had to convince and accept that I was really hitting the ball that far. In the beginning everthing was full out because I had no touch or distance control (130 yards lob wedges!!) but I have developed touch pretty quickly and I am much more versitile lefty as opposed to righty where everything was straight and high. Now I am competent at working the ball high, low, right and left which was exciting for me and I think will make be a better golfer in the end. Don't completely abandon your right handed swing because you need to hit balls righty to offset muscle imbalances and this is often overlooked in golfers. Hope this helps.

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!