IGNORED

Not going out like Chubbs!

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 5638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played Audubon Park in New Orleans yesterday - will play again today. I rented clubs and the irons played a lot longer than mine (probably different lofts). Anyway, that ended up with me flying the first few greens. One of them (3?) was guarded in the rear by a lake. I wasn't sure if the ball rolled in or not, as the green was elevated. As I walked down off the back I stopped dead in my tracks. There was a frikken alligator sunning himself. OK, he wasn't a giant one (5 feet?) but, eh, no way. Rule 1-4/10 would have been in effect if I could actually see my ball. I could not, so I took a drop (no closer to the hole) and the water penalty and finished up.

Anyone else ran up on a gator or other beast? I am used to deer, coyotes, rabbits, wild turkeys, and the occasional fox.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Went back today, the gator was in her same spot behind the green. Brought my camera this time!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Yep, a few years ago I was playing a round at Jacksonville NAS or was it Hurlburt Field? Same thing as you, I flew the green, I approached where I figured my ball was...I found it right beside a gator about the same size as your buddy. I left it there and took a drop away from his toothy grin. My golf partners agreed I didn't have to take a stroke. Heck, it was just off the fringe of the green!

The bag: Atlas
In the Bag:
Ti 460 Launcher 10.5*
HiBore (steel) 15*
Launcher (steel) 19* & 22* 845 Silverscot 3-PWDaiwa SWCouger PutterThe Ball: Long & Soft Noodle

That's a free mulligan lol.

Where I play: Mission Viejo CC and
long Beach Skylinks

In My Red Cleveland Club Count Bag Today;
Hibore XLS 11.5* w/ Diamana Redboard Flowerband 63 S 2009 Launcher 3WD HT 17* w/ Graffalloy Epic 87g S Hibore XLS Hybrid 22* w/ Graffalloy Epic S and 25* w/ Project X 6.0 CG2 4-PW w/ Project X 6.0 HL...

Kangaroos? We get many of them at my course. Don't approach a boxing kangaroo. If you do, you will certainly know about it

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Nice pic! We have a few of them at one of our local courses, but not nearly that size. Thats always in my head when I have to chip from beside one of the ponds or sloughs, one of them boys jumping out and snatching me up like a wildebeast, lol...I always seem to rush those shots....

Next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election- George Carlin

In the Hoofer bag:
10.5* Redline RPM G5 16* G5 19* G5 22* MX 200, 4-6, MP-52 7-W Vokey 50*, Vokey SM 54*, 58* G5i flatstick IGNITE ball

Note: This thread is 5638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!