IGNORED

Tobacco Road

Note: This thread is 5725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After 15 years of going to Myrtle Beach, I have just discovered Tobacco Road in North Carolina. I have played True Blue in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed it, but I have heard Tobacco Road is a beast.

For those who have played it, is it worth the detour?

• Administrator
After 15 years of going to Myrtle Beach, I have just discovered Tobacco Road in North Carolina. I have played True Blue in Myrtle Beach and enjoyed it, but I have heard Tobacco Road is a beast.

Go there at least once. It's visually "interesting" but ultimately target golf. It's really not a terribly difficult golf course IF you can avoid being tempted by the many things that will tempt you. I've had two good rounds there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Now that I live an hour and 45 minutes away I'm going to hit it up soon. I went to the area last year and played Pine Needles (which was great) and a few other more traditional courses. I have also played T-road's sister course, Tot Hill Farm, and it is also somewhat target golf, but it was definately gorgeous... and many who hate T-road for what it is, say they like Tot Hill Farm... it also makes GD list of 50 hardest in the US... I didn't think it (Tot Hill) was terrible tough and I played it from the tips, but I also had a local to show me around and tell me where to play to. Anyway... seems people either love it or hate it, but virtually everyone I have talked to says it's worth playing at least once... If you are taking a trip to the Sandhills I would slate T-road and a few other more traditional courses... can't go wrong with Pine Needles or Mid-Pines.... others to consider, Legacy, Southern Pines, Whispering Pines, Pinehurst (any), Pit, etc.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5725 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!