IGNORED

SkyCaddie and Canadian Courses

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can find the courses I play in their find courses, does anyone know if they are really mapped to used with the gps or just a search result of existing golf courses (other manufacturer returns the course but say they (for the most part) not mapped).

Thank you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am a member at clublink and I was at my home course when they were driving around in a golf cart mapping the course. I believe there are other ways where players can somewhat map out their course themselves, however for most part I believe they are mapped by SkyCaddie or whoever they use.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Thanx for the reply,

I just want to make sure that the courses I play (at least the one I play most often) are mapped (I don't want to do it myself).

I did ask them...but no answer yet.

Being from Ottawa, I'm sure you wish the snow melt quickly :)

I am dieing here!! Can't wait for the golf season to start. Barring a large snow dump, some warm weather should get us going pretty quickly. You must be in the same boat as well.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Golden..being from Montreal, I can't wait for the snow to melt either!

I saw them mapping at my course (Caughnawaga). I got stuck playing behind the guy walking all over the place. He stalled us for about 15 minutes per hole. Let me tell you the walk-through is very thorough.

That's why I don't want to do it myself :)
And I wanna be sure the course is mapped before I buy one of these.

Pat007 and Quinn07
Lucky for you, you will play well before me, because in Quebec, there is always a lot of snow as you probably know.

Well you may as well venture down here and play a little once the season opens.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Ottawa a lot of times (but never for golf :( at least not yet ;) )

Just to post a follow up, I just bought the skycaddie and the answer is yes the course in my region are almost all mapped. In the find courses on the skygolf website, if the course has 1 star it means it was mapped by someone (only green information are in) if the course has 4 stars or maybe up (this I don't know) it means this was done by the skygolf staffs.

Now let the snow melt.

Good golf to everyone.

A friend of mine has one of those GPS devices ( don't know the brand/model though ), and he was telling me that there's not a lot of Courses mapped yet (he was probably talking about the ones he usually plays...) , but the number keeps increasing as the Gps devices gain popularity. I know for sure Les 4 domaines is mapped , that's where i discovered how practical that thing is!

Patience , fellow montrealers and canadians...the snow is melting...slowly ... but it's melting!

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

I've been to Ottawa a lot of times (but never for golf :( at least not yet ;) )

We got snow in Vancouver today! In March! If anyone should be able to hit the courses soon is should be us first :)

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Note: This thread is 5532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!