• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • I absolutely pured this 7 iron with the tiniest bit of a push-draw. It just caught a piece of the back of the green and spun back about four feet. I'm not scoring well because I've been struggling with my irons playing longer than I'm used to and this shot is indicative of that. I was playing for 175 in the middle of the green. I'm glad I didn't hit 6 iron.
    • Wordle 1,108 5/6 ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 ⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
    • You can still hit steep (if you're talking about VSP for the measure of "steepness") and not dig/take a ton of sand if your low point control is precise.
    • lately I have grooved in a simple rule for stuff under 20 feet, which happens to be approximately 1" of takeaway for every foot of travel I want to roll the ball (including 2 feet past the hole and mentally adjusting for slope).  This is based on a consistent tempo that I use.  I worked this out using a wellputt matt, which was very helpful in this regard.  I got very good at rolling the ball to a stop 18 inches past the virtual hole on that matt, from any distance  on the matt (13 feet long) and then it turns out to work very well up to maybe 20 feet.   That being said, due to the fact that greens are not perfectly flat or with the perfectly same stimp, it also comes down to some feel, so I use that guide above to get in the ballpark and then still allow myself some feel around that.   Over 20 feet doesn't work out that way, and starts to be a lot more about the tempo and feel to hit the ball the right distance, I still feel I get better distance control by looking at the hole when I stroke those putts, but I often mishit the ball that way too...so I would prefer to work out a better way of handling my 20-50 footers.  
    • Wordle 1,108 5/6 ⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 ⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩 🟨⬛🟩⬛🟩 🟨⬛🟩🟨🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...