IGNORED

Precept U-tri tour

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was at Wal*Mart the other day and I always stop by the ball section since they have the best prices that I know of, but their selection of balls is always random so you never know what you'll find. I have recently been playing the Taylormade Burner TP and they have them for $25 - everywhere else is $27.

Anyway, while I was there I noticed the Precept U-tri tour, which is a 3-piece urethane ball for $23! It was so cheap for a urethane ball (even cheaper than the e5+ which is two-piece) that I just bought a box to try them out. Haven't hit them yet but I am planning on going to the practice area tomorrow to see if they have decent check on pitches. I like the Burner TP, its long and it spins very well on full shots and putts nice but doesn't have that "check" on half shots from the fairway that you get with a urethane ball... I'm too cheap and not good enough to justify more than $2 a ball so I only get tour balls when I find them (and really I only can tell the difference on those 20-60 yd shots)

Anyway, has anyone tried this Precept ball? I'll post the results of my "testing" tomorrow (assuming it doesn't rain too much). Unfortunately I don't have any Pro-V's right now to test it against so its going up against the Burner TP.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

U-Tri Tour or You-Try-Tour. It sounds like the ball for people who are on the "A for Effort" tour.
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

U-Tri Tour or You-Try-Tour. It sounds like the ball for people who are on the "A for Effort" tour.

Yep I thought of that too... a little cheezy - after looking into it they are owned by Bridgestone which explains a lot (Japanese). If you've ever been to Japan that kind of thing is normal - just look at Srixon's name (Sumitomo Rubber Industries eXcel ONward).

Its kinda funny to me how many tire companies also make golf equipment. I have Sumitomo tires on my car, but I've never actually tried their golf balls.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Use it and love it.

Checks beautifully, a poor man's ProV1 is what they call them.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

U rethane cover Tri -layer ball Tour style ball U-Tri-Tour doesn't seem and stranger than say Pro V1x. Certainly when compared to Freak, HX Hot Bite, Warbird, Tour Fire, Noodle Longest , Ignite, Juice, and Mojo. There are some pretty dumb ball names when you think about it. There are some reviews of it here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index....mode=show&st;=0 It seems to be rated very highly. Based on these reviews it would seem to be one of the better quality/price ratio balls on the market.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!