IGNORED

I have a good idea for Titleist, how do I present it?

Note: This thread is 4453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate to say it, but you would probably have to know someone that works for them that would be able to get in touch with upper management for you. I doubt that a mega million dollar company like Titleist would ever accept ideas from the public. They probably don't even have ways for any normal people like us to get in touch with them. You're just gonna have to be content with being "that guy" who sits in the club house talking about how he was the first guy to come up with that big new idea.

If its that great an idea, don't take no for an answer. Call everyone you can get a number for. Find a way to visit their offices. Make it happen.

I am playing in a scramble with the son of a Titleist rep on April 20th... so just PM me the idea and I'll be happy to have his father get us conected to the right people.

If its that great an idea, don't take no for an answer. Call everyone you can get a number for. Find a way to visit their offices. Make it happen.

This is correct. But, there's a 99% likelihood they've already thought/discussed/rejected your idea or already planning to bring it to market.

Most businesses don't accept unsolicited ideas because of this issue. They don't want to risk lawsuits on products they were already planning to bring to market.

What you are thinking about is obviously only a gimmicky play on words or something similar for advertising because otherwise you would not be limiting it to Titleist. It can't be a good golf idea. I doubt whether their advertising company needs anything new - they seem to be doing a good job and Titleist probably wouldn't see any need to give you a few bucks so you can "move on".

Thanks for the responses. It could be marketed to different golf companies. Not a slogan or technical equipment, more of an accessory item, not sure if it is "patentable" or not, and have heard that a company needs to change something by about 11% to get around a patent anyway. I'll search for patents.

I'm going to echo the various folks here who say it's going to be difficult to just come to them with an idea. Ideas are far, far cheaper than a dime a dozen. Odds are that Titleist (or other golf companies) are not limited in their ability to release new products by the flow of ideas...

If you want to get a product out there and you don't already work for a company who is in that line of work, you're going to have to work really hard yourself. The best way I can think of is to actually produce at least a prototype and get a patent on it. This will be difficult and expensive. Even better is to actually put together a business to produce/sell them and hope to entice a buy-out.

None of this is easy, and the odds are far higher that you're going to sink a lot of time and money and wind up not making a dime. That's just the nature of inventing.

As for the 11% figure, not quite sure what you mean by that... but the sad truth is that even if you DO personally get a patent, it may prove far too expensive to enforce it if it's ignored by one of the big manufacturers...

its not hard to get in contact with Titleist. I got the Vice Pres of R&D; on the phone a while back while inquiring about my resume i sent in. Also i know my local Titleist rep in the area. But like said before. They wont take random ideas from the public.

Note: This thread is 4453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!