IGNORED

Booya! I Broke 90!

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First off congrats.

If your use Google Earth

http://earth.google.com/ it has a measuring tool that's pretty darn accurate to within a few feet.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

If your use Google Earth

Use the magnification that shows 200 feet per centmeter and use a ruler tape etc. guy above is right it is very accurate. you just need a good point of reference. some of the maps even show the 150 yard marker in the fairway. Usually a tree or fairway bunker works well as a marker. you might be off by a few yards here and there, but when you see you are past obvious markers it gives you a good idea. driving distance put me under 90 today no doubt and it was on a new course, even more amazing for me.

WHat makes this so sweet is who i played with when shooting. This longtime friend of mine who has played for 10 yrs and has a 5HC, the last time we played he blew me out by 20 strokes. yesterday i had him 43-47 in front nine. He finished with a 94 to my 89. He was asking my brother when I started playing so much better like the whole time. He usually bombs 300 yard drives every par 4 or 5 and yesterday he hit into trouble on like 8 holes, topped a couple and doubled 2 par 3's. On the second hole I had honors and blasted one 280 into wind, I think he was trying to outdo me and wormburned, ditto for the next4 holes I kept blasting he kept hooking. Then on the 8th he had honors & hooked hard into the adjacent green like 40yds, I replied with the drive of the day a power draw with wind to me back, it even followed the dogleg to the approach!. I was inside 80yds of green on a 420 par 4 and landed 12 feet from cup with a 60* made par. Then went to a par 3, 70 feet below the tee and dropped it 15 feet from cup. then on 10 it was the 90 foot par save putt. I think this guy was frustrated after that.

Im now marking my ball the same way Annika did with my lowest score.

WHat makes this so sweet is who i played with when shooting. This longtime friend of mine who has played for 10 yrs and

And he plays off a 5....

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Yes. I have seen him shoot 78 the last time we played on a harder course. On most par 5's he is on in 2. He averages 290 or more with his drives and can place a 4 iron on a green from 200yds out.
Funniest is that he had played this course 3 dozen times and it was my first. He claimed to beat par on this track last summer several times. I dont doubt him. He would hit into trouble off the tee and still finish with bogey or par on a few holes. On a par 5 he hit a hazard off the tee and scored a bogey.(in effect a birdie since the hazrd was at the ladies tee). If he had stuck to playing the course instead of playing against me, he may have beaten me. I rattled him. Hell I rattle my brother! He's a 18HC and he was 10 down after 9 holes. If I went to play with a hack golfer and he started opening a can of WA on me. It would affect my judgement during the round. Human nature got the best of them.

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!