IGNORED

Shot 101 first round of season. Putting killed me

NickDarius
Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played on a new to us course today and shot a 101.

What killed me was my horrible putting. 5 x 3 puts & 1 x 4 put!

Rest where 2 puts with a single 1 put.

Also hit water 3 times today, but twice where actually misplayed shots not mishit. I didn't judge the distance to the water properly

Course opened yesterday, so it was still a little wet and greens where "brown".

Hit 6/13 Fairways and 5/18 Greens in Regulation with a single par for the round.

Was happy overall, if I can improve on my putting to limit the 3+ puts and read the course a little better to avoid the water I'd be solid in the 90s because my ball striking was actually pretty good today.

This season is off to a pretty good start and looking forward to playing solid 90s and even attacking the 80s towards the end of the summer!

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Don't worry about it. If your course just opened then the greens are probably pretty bad so putting shouldn't be too big of a concern right now. Just practice and keep going.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Yeah thanks for the encouragement, but I know my putting is a weak point right now, and it's half the game, so I'll put some time into as well as my other practice sessions.

Driver: TM r9 Driver Motore F1 65 Stiff
Woods: TM r5 Dual 3 Fairway Wood Stiff, TM Mid Rescue 3H Regular
Irons: TM r7 Irons 4-AW Regular
Wedges: Cleveland DSG 588 56/14, Callaway X Series Jaws 58/8
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Thats not a bad round to open the season. From here things will only get better, and from what I see here you seem to be striking the ball well because you hit 5/18 greens. If you can hit 5-6 greens per round and try to limit your 3 putts you should be breaking into the 80s this season.

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

Note: This thread is 5515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!