IGNORED

Has anyone been told you're not good enough?

Harry SasQuatch
Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few things come to mind here. More than likely thats not the reason they don't want you to play with them. Maybe you rubbed someone the wrong way without realizing it. I highly doubt is was really anything that you could help. I wouldn't worry about em.

Still the situation does intrigue me because usually I'll play with anyone because I'm not really concerned with how they shoot. I focus on my game (especially if they have a higher handicap). And as far as you slowing them up. I've seen guys who can shoot in the 70s that take all freakin day for one shot so its not a handicap thing. Don't worry ab out them though. You're better off.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

I know a couple of guys who try to avoid playing with "higher" hcpers like the black death since they think it throws them off.
I know one guy - i played with him a couple of times now in a team event, and he is like, "hey you got 9.x hcp i expect you to shoot it" - since he plays this game for a long time and cant play it anything different than very consistent. But i only play for a couple of years so i easily shoot in the low 90s on diffcult courses/conditions when my swing is off. He is pretty much the kind of guy who wouldnt invite you back if you would hack around for whatever reasons...

Personally - i totally disagree on that - Golf for most is still a sport where you have some social interaction during/after the round if its some kind of regular flight/ semi-privat club. So i try to find a good balance playing with people having same/lower hcps for improving/gambling/whatever and with people having much higher hcps but where there is a social connection.

And honestly, if someone would ever tell me this, they would be pretty much dead to me, and i can easily find other people to play with.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I concur with the speed of play issue. Even when I was shooting 115 I played fast. I didn't rush but I played ready golf and kept up with my friends who were shooting in the upper 70's. I think lower handicappers are more likely to take a long time looking for balls and such. They really don't want to give up the strokes for a lost ball penalty.

At the end of the day, I guess everyone is entitled to play with whomever they want. I wouldn't take it too personally although I'm sure that's hard to do when you are told you aren't wanted.

x18 S-4
Lob wedge
Hybore 3 wood
R7 Driver
Shark Head putter (love that old thing)

to the OP... you didnt come in last... so that means you beat at least one of them...
somebody won your 15 bucks so your money was good enough...
it had to be something like a personality conflict... cuz ill take money from jerks all day long... and jerks that are better than me give me the motivation to be better the next time we play...
and the reason handicaps exist is to even the playing field
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

douchebags

everyone whos ever played golf and gotten better has been through all the scoring phases. Its just part of the game.

Looking for balls on EVERY hole gets annoying though. I have a friend who can bomb it a few times in a row but then top it or push/pull 100 yards offline. It gets old looking for his ball 24/7 but hes good company so its not as much of an issue as it otherwise could be. Anyone who can shoot around 90 generally should be fine to play with, I cant imagine what the problem would be.

Someone told me I wasn't good enough to play golf in college.
I don't take kindly to "You can't"
I now have multiple schools that want me to play for them.
Thank you, whatever your name was , you helped me get my college paid for.

905R
LD-F 3-Wood
Vokey Oil-Can 252-08 degree
Cobra C Wedge 56-11 Vokey Oil-Can 260-08 degree Scotty Cameron Newport 2 35'' Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!