IGNORED

Non-wooden Tees

Note: This thread is 6564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played an entire round with a single tee today. After reading the Zero Friction tee review , I was definitely curious. I got a free 2-tee sample pack from Golf Gods and finally got to try them out today. They weren't the Zero Friction, they were these . Highly recommended. I only used one of them and hit down on it pretty well on all 4 par-3s. After the round it was no worse for the wear, just a little dirty. So, if you haven't tried some "alternative" tees, you might consider it.

• Administrator
I played an entire round with a single tee today. After reading the

We reviewed those too:

http://thesandtrap.com/archives/acce...epoch_tees.php They don't last nearly as long as the Zero Friction tees. And you can't clean your grooves with them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ah. I missed that one. You mention the Epoch tees not being suitable on par-3s but you didn't give a specific reason why. Did you manage to break them? As I said, I used them on all the par-3s today and failed to break one.

I will be trying the Zero Friction tees next so tha I can compare (plus they're cheaper). It's so odd that such a cheap piece of golf equipment made me so happy.

• Administrator
Ah. I missed that one. You mention the Epoch tees not being suitable on par-3s but you didn't give a specific reason why. Did you manage to break them? As I said, I used them on all the par-3s today and failed to break one.

The head is rather big for a par three type thing, and I think that hitting the tees with the blade of an iron is more likely to damage them. I like my ball sitting on a small-headed tee on par 3s, almost like it's hovering in the air.

But anyway, the epoch tees break more readily, but not much. When they do, they usually break on the little extended parts that touch the ball, and when one of those breaks, your ball just falls off the tee unless you angle it. Kind of annoying... Plus, like I said, the groove-cleaning ability of the Zero Frictions is pretty good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!