IGNORED

Just for kicks poll. uPro or SG5?

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which to buy?

• uPro...all the way baby!
    • SkyCaddie (SG4 or etc.)
    • Anything else other than a GPS device.

What the heck, let's see where the scales currently tip nowadays with uPro getting stronger versus the SG5.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Sorry about the multiple posts but I try to seperate the questions to their respective posts rather than have multiple different questions and answer within one post.

irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

Skycaddie. They have more mapped courses than anyone and their mapping is the most accurate. Intelligreen is a nice feature. I never thought I'd use it much but it's quite useful seeing the green depth and width on your approach shots, especially when you can't actually see all or much of the green.

Pretty much all current GPS receivers have equivalent accuracy/repeatability, the differences are in the mapping and points of interest (hazards, layups, carries, etc.).

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Just got a UPRO and love it!!!!!

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Just got a UPRO and love it!!!!!

Yes I just got mine too. Do you have a white screen when your device is off and you are charging!

I've had my uPro for a little bit now....I love it! Just wish the mapping was quicker for the courses not available. Now that Callaway owns it, maybe it will be.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I've had my uPro for a little bit now....I love it! Just wish the mapping was quicker for the courses not available. Now that Callaway owns it, maybe it will be.

I think 4 days is relatively quick. Better than 2 weeks or so.

I think 4 days is relatively quick. Better than 2 weeks or so.

That is for your Home Course. What about your next course?

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

That is for your Home Course. What about your next course?

Good point, I didn't read the fine print.

what else do you guys think? Anyone know how much it cost to purchase 1 course for the uPro?

For one thing, the don't have an annual fee or charge for courses like skycaddie does.

They work with credits. 3 credits = 10 dollars 15 credits = 40 dollars 30 credits = 60 dollars 60 credits = 80 dollars 150 credits = 120 dollars 450 credits = 180 dollars Essentially they have a basic mode and a pro mode. Basic mode is just yardages and pro mode gives you all the birdseye view of the course. Pro modes costs 3 credits and with that pro mode purchase you obviously get the basic mode FREE. At some point they tried charging for the basic mode (1 credit) but that is no longer the case. If you don't purchase any credits, you can always download the basic mode for FREE and you're good to go. Just realize that the device can hold 50 courses on it. When you break it down, the more credits you purchase in one shot, the less per course cost will be. Personally, I went with the 50 courses = 120 dollars. I have played probably a good 15 courses (although not regularly) but this 50 courses (150 credits) should set me up for the rest of the lifetime of the device. Other than that, it's relatively inexpensive.

what else do you guys think? Anyone know how much it cost to purchase 1 course for the uPro?

I got my uPro last weekend and I love it. The measure feature is great, and I use it all of the time to setup for an 80 yd SW approach to the green. I can't wait for the software upgrade due out shortly, that will keep your stats for each club and round that you play!

Whats in my bag

Driver: HiBORE XLS 9.5
Fairway Woods: Speed LD/F 5 Wood
Irons: X-20 Tour 3-PWWedges: CG12 Black Pearls 50, 56, & 60Putter: Tri-Ball SRTBalls: NXT TourUSGA Handicap: ???Low 9 Holes (This season): 37Low 18 Holes (This season): 76 (+4)

Note: This thread is 5464 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!