IGNORED

Michael Vick

WhiteSlice
Note: This thread is 5445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Michael Vick got shafted considering what he did.The guy in baltimore murdered someone and got punished less than Vick did.Only difference is that Dod lovers and Peta threatened to boycott so league threw him under the bus.I own a dog and hate what he did but drugdealers and killers are worse and are back in the game.

Yeah, you are 100% correct about this. If they let that guy back in the league, Mike Vick ought to be back in. Oh wait, I forgot... Ray Lewis

wasn't convicted in the Gold Club shooting. Not to mention it happened before the current Player Conduct policy, not to mention it was a different ****ing commissioner . Personally, I don't care about his dogfighting crap. I don't care about punishing him further for the crime he's served jail time for (personally, I think he should've been in jail longer for the tax evasion, but that's the justice department's business.) If he's able to play, and a team is willing to sign him, he ought to be reinstated. However, I think every single goddamned dime he stole from the Atlanta Falcons and the city of Atlanta ought to be repaid in his contract before he sees any of it. There are millions of dollars unrecouped, not just in his salary and bonuses, but in marketing, merchandise, etc. That son of a bitch got to declare bankruptcy and walk away from all of it. **** him. Let him go play for the Raiders (good work, Al Davis, how dumb do you feel after that Heyward-Bay draft now?) Al Davis ought to be writing checks directly to Arthur Blank, all of the merchandising companies and retailers, and the Atlanta Falcons fans.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Yeah, you are 100% correct about this. If they let that guy back in the league, Mike Vick ought to be back in. Oh wait, I forgot... Ray Lewis

He didn't steal any money from the Falcons. He made them far more money than they would have ever gotten had he not been on their team. The amount he made the Falcons far outweighs his whole contract and any money they put into marketing.

Vicks style of quarterback is being fased out anyways. They want more Mannings and Bradys (guys who can read and control a game) not guys like Vick whos greatest strength is his running ability...he's bad for football, just another thug. I say keep him out.

Vicks style of quarterback is being fased out anyways. They want more Mannings and Bradys (guys who can read and control a game) not guys like Vick whos greatest strength is his running ability...he's bad for football, just another thug. I say keep him out.

When was Vicks style ever "in"? The league has always been a drop back passers league and always will be. He isn't bad for football. He might be a thug though. And let him back in. If he can't play, he won't last long.

I can't see Roger Goodell allowing Vick to return, at least not after at least a year or two of suspension. Committing a felony has to be against the personal conduct policy in a huge way.

I thought he was already suspended...like during the same time he was in prison. I'm not 100% sure though. Either way, Goodell seems a bit loose when throwing around suspensions. He suspends basically everbody who deserves it. And if Vick doesn't get reinstated, there will be some lawsuits, I'm sure.

Opie i think that you are completely correct. If it was your average joe caught dog fighting it would be at least a few years in prison. You wouldn't see your job again, and lets face it even if Vick did make it back into the NFL he will be terrible. I think Michael Vick should be banned from the NFL.

I disagree that the average joe would be in for a few years. I'm pretty sure dog fighting itself isn't actually a federal crime (he went to a federal prison after all). The other things like conspiracy of interstate commerce is what got him. I think he got shafted by the justice system since he's a big name, and while I think it's unfair that happens, I think it's fine that someone with his moral standards went to prison.

I could see him in the NFL again. I'm not sure if he'd be any good. The Falcons don't need him anymore, but he was one of the most exciting players to watch on TV. The things he could do drew so many fans and should cause a team to make more money. I'm not sure if Goodell will let him back, but if he does, I would bet he plays again.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

He's an evil person and an absolute idiot. He'll be back in jail in no time.

Scumbags like him are why I have lost total interest in the NFL.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

My thoughts on Vick:

I can't stand the guy, and lost any respect for him that I once had. How someone can do that to animals is unreal.

BUT , he did his crime, and he served his time. As others have mentioned, he has paid in time and money for his role in dogfighting. Bottom line is he should be free to do what he wants now.

Banning him from football would make sense if his crime somehow correlated to professional sports, but the bottom line is it doesn't. Sure - keep sex offenders out of the school district and white-collar frauds out of banks, but what does dogfighting have to do with football? Saying you want to keep Vick out of the NFL is making a blanket statement that all convicted felons should not be allowed to return to the workforce, irregardless of their crime and how it relates to the profession.

Like I said before - in no way do I condone what he did. But if some GM wants to take a huge risk on the guy and all of his negative publicity, they should be able to.

Yeah once again more news about Vick possibly coming back into the NFL. Personally I am completely against it. I don't think Vick should be able to say that he's sorry and get back into the NFL after what he did. Any thoughts about the guy or just anything you have to say, leave it here.

Sadly he's joining a league that has people playing that have commited worse crimes. Doesn't say much about the criteria, does it.

I find it ridiculous that the professional athletes are paid the unreal amounts of money they are....to be thrust in front of the public to represent their teams....yet held to much lower conduct standards than college athletes. Too many of our youth pick the wrong ones to look up to.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Vick went to prison and did his time. If he is contrite, says he wants to start his life fresh, and otherwist keeps his mouth shut I think people will be willing to give him a second chance (and I am one that thinks he has paid enough for what he did.)

However, if Vick (or his supporters) start with stuff like this:
Michael Vick got shafted considering what he did.The guy in baltimore murdered someone and got punished less than Vick did.Only difference is that Dod lovers and Peta threatened to boycott so league threw him under the bus.I own a dog and hate what he did but drugdealers and killers are worse and are back in the game.

then the public will turn on him, and he'll never play in the NFL again.

People are forgiving and want to give others a second chance. But they don't give you a second chance if you start shooting off your mouth. People like flap are actually Vick's worst enemies. And I do think Vick will play in 2009. Are there 32 QBs in the NFL better than Vick? No. Under Dan Reeves Vick was a very effective QB. Not a traditional QB, but Reeves' vertical passing / heavy running offense was tailor made for Vick. It was when the next coach tried to turn him into a west coast QB (which was totally wrong for him) that he started to falter as a QB. Ironicly, Al Davis loves to run vertical/speed offenses in Oakland. Vick would be a great fit there. But would Davis be willing to sit Russell?

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Vick served his time. He deserves another chance.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Now it comes out that Plaxico is trying to cut a deal with the manhatten DA to get out and PLAY THIS SEASON!!!!If Morgenthau was still the DA he would not cut him a deal.Plax should get the mandatory for breaking the gun laws of NYC.Lets see what Bloomburg has to say now that he is running for reelection.There are a lot of first timers in Attica doing time for carrying in NYC and Plax is no different.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Ironicly, Al Davis loves to run vertical/speed offenses in Oakland. Vick would be a great fit there. But would Davis be willing to sit Russell?

This is crazy Al Davis we are talking about here. Of course he would sit Russell. Besides, Russell is the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

I agree that what Vick did was terrible and should not be taken lightly in any way. However, I do not feel that the NFL should block reinstatement. He has done his time given by our judicial system and thus should be allowed back to work. That being said, what team will set themselves up for a huge PR backlash? That is the real question. Maybe the Cowboys or Raiders, they seem to be VERY forgiving to someone who has a checkered past................

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

I dont want him back. I think this crime really speaks for his morals and ethics, no matter what these guys are role models for kids. No matter how much I hate that they are.

I have a abused dog that was rescued, I honestly cant imagine hurting a defenseless animal for no reason. It really on my list of things I cant stand. If I ever found the person who abused my lab I would make his life unbearable to live. To me its about the same category as rape, and sexual abuse.

Vick can eat shit, and die a miserable death for all I care.

If it were any sport other than football he would be blackballed and perma banned. Football players get away with everything.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

If he is allowed back into the NFL he needs a big pay cut. Pro athletes always say how its for "the love of the game". If you love the game so much why are you such a idiot and do something to ruin it. Vick in the NFL would give it a bad image and plus lets face it, the only people who want him back in are kids who think hes cool because he is a scrambling quarterback, his "homies" or people who don't understand that consequences come along committing a felony; and not just a year in jail.

In my Nike Bag...
Driver: 460 SZ 10.5*
Woods: SZ 3 and 7
Hybrid: Ignite
Irons: IgniteWedges: Big Bertha 55*, 58*Putter: FuturaBall: Penta, TP Black

Background: I graduated from Virginia Tech and was there the same time Michael Vick was.

He has served his time & deserves another chance. If the NFL reinstates him, he should be able to play. He should be forced to pay back any and all debt as a result of his bankruptcy. I do not feel he is entitled to keep the first $500,000+ he earns as a result of any NFL contract or endorsements. He should be able to keep perhaps $200,000 and pay off all debt ASAP. If he breaks the law again, he should go directly back to jail.

Note: This thread is 5445 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!