IGNORED

Taylormade vs Tour edge exotic

Note: This thread is 6545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I was wondering if anyone out there has put a tour edge exotic up against an R7 driver with similar shaft and loft specs? I know it's a reach but just curious.

Don has, actually. I'll ping him this thread. How can your handicap index be -1.5??

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using the yahoo handicap tracker...My job is sporadic ( i am a touring sound engineer) so between tours I play and practice alot. The slope of the course I play at is rather high (Championship 6839 74.0 135 72 )
Earlier in the year I was shooting under par quite a bit, and lately after another work break I haven't been scoring as well (mid to upper 70's). It takes your best 10 scores...It should be up soon because I'm heading back out on another tour... And I appreciate you looking out for me...thanks

• Administrator
I've been using the yahoo handicap tracker...My job is sporadic ( i am a touring sound engineer) so between tours I play and practice alot. The slope of the course I play at is rather high (Championship 6839 74.0 135 72 )

Then you're a +. My comment was not about your skill level, just about having a "negative" index. You're either signless or "+". Odd, but the way it is.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Andy: I've hit both drivers, not exactly with the same specs. I've played several rounds with both an Exotics 10.5° with an Aldila NV 65-S shaft, and an r7 425 9.5° with the stiff Fujikura RE*AX shaft.

For me, the r7 is more consistent. The Exotics is a little longer, but on aggressive swings I spray the ball a bit. The RE*AX shaft seems to handle a hard swing a little better (less torque, I'd guess).

They are both great drivers. I loved the feel of the Exotics. Felt very lively, like the ball was compressing and springing off the face. Very cool. The r7 has a great "crack" sound at impact, not tinny like some drivers. I put the r7 in the bag as my gamer because it went where I wanted it to go more consistently. With a different shaft, the Exotics might be my gamer.

If you take a good cut at the ball, the Exotics in a 9° with an Aldila NV 65-X shaft might be a good combo for you.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more definitive answer. I hope you have a chance to hit both. But if you took a chance on either one, I think you'd be happy.

What tour are you going out on?

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

I just finished mixing a rock band called "Sevendust". I was with them for almost 4 years...Now i'm going to work for Justin Timberlake. I am really looking forward to working with this organization...should be fun. Thanks for the info as well...

Wow, sounds like a cool gig! I've done a little bit of dabbling with recording/mixing in GarageBand on my Mac, but I'm about 36-handicapper when it comes to that.

A cool job in music that gives you enough time to play golf ... sounds almost as good as being a golf writer.

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Note: This thread is 6545 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!