IGNORED

equipment or not???

Note: This thread is 6541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and decided to fire off a couple quesitons. A little background first. I have been playing about 3 years and love the game tons. My fist year I had the opportunity to have a boss who loved to play as well and loved to play during business hours, so I was getting out 2-3 times per week in the NY season for my whole first year. I broke 100 about 1 full year after I started, but unfortunatly my work situation changed and I was able to only get out 2-3 times per month, and we had a good layoff for the winter. I have recently moved to NC and am looking forward to the longer season, as well as joining a club which I should be able to start in the next few weeks. My score these days is anywhere from 104 to 115, all the way up to 126 the last round I played ( played from the blues like a dumbass on a very tough course).

My swing is "ok" I think i have a good swing plane but I have problems with balance where I get on my tip toes after my swing, my left foot spins out, and I have developed a ton of head movement since my last lesson. I play cleveland TA5 +1" irons, with a TaylorMade 360Ti driver, cobra 3W, and a ping belly putter.

Now on to my question. I have been reading a bunch of club reviews for the new equipment that has come out in the past year and there seems to be a ton of interest in MOI and hybrid clubs and every one with a high handycap seems to have problems with their long irons if you believe the marketing. I have a different problem however, and my 3I is my favorite and most dependable club with my accuracy of my driver being HORRIBLE. I can hit my 3I around 220 off the tee straight and consistant, my driver is super slice all day long unless i close the face at address around 2 degrees. I just ordered a new driver and hope that the TaylorMade is setup wrong for me or something but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas, and has seen their 3I 200% more accurate than their 3W 5W or driver.

I'm also wondering about anyone who is playing with a TourEdge JMAX Carbon driver and woods. I found the driver on Amazon for $99, woods for $89, and hope I like it, there have been a couple good reviews but hardly anyone has given it a "user rating". Any thoughts, I have seen zero feedback on the woods.

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

..... Sounds like you might have a basic swing problem .... nothing 45 minutes wouldn't cure with a good swing coach because you already have the 3i going on - it happens to all of us from time to time ....

That said, I currently play the 460cc Tour Edge Carbon driver .. I love it and I've played very well with it - straight dead on the money ....
But like any other club out there, it's going to depend on the grip - and most important, the type of shaft that comes with it .....

I played the TA5's for 2 years, then I bought the Tour Edge hybrids -- now, that made a HUGE difference ... happy hunting and good luck.

whats in the bag.??

Driver: Tour Edge Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 21*, 24*, 30*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge with the Fuji graphite R shafts.
Wedges: Warrior 56*, 60*, 64* with the Harrison Shafts.
Putter: Ping Anser 2F.
Balls: Dunlop Super Loco, Maxfli Noodles - or any "good" ball when it goes on sale ...

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

Interesting you say the hybrids made a huge difference. Did you have trouble with your long irons, and is thay why you went hybrid? I bought a set of TA3s off ebay and hate them. I'm very happy with the TA5's but if you saying you saw a huge improvement in your game after switching i'd be willing to take a 2nd look.

What's In The Bag
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

..... At that time I had the TA5's and the Adams ST's .... I liked them, but they didn't like me, I just couldn't get any real consistency out of them ... so obviously it was a "me" thing.

A friend of mind had mentioned going towards "hybrids" .. which at the time, was very hard for me to do because of the looks ..

.. "hey, these ain't irons and these ain't woods, so what the heck are they.?" .l.o.l..

So I checked out the Ping G5's, Nike CPR's, Nickent, TaylorMade, Tour Edge and a few others ... and when I say checked them out, that means I played them on courses I was used to, not at the "Golf Barn" ... and the "Tour Edge" gave me the look, the feel, distance and definatley the consistency I just never had before .... maybe it's easy for you, but it's not easy for me to hit a 4 iron 200+ yards .. now, I can do it 14 out of 15 shots and drop it right on the pad ... the first time I did it I was lookin' around my shoulder to see who hit that shot ..l.o.l..

I guess the real benefit (for me) is the loft and the distance in the rest of the line-up, like the 5 thru 9 .. and of course, that nutty 50* attack wedge .. so when your sitting waaay down in a 20ft sloped bunker and you can pop that bad boy out 100 yards and drop it on the green 99% of the time .. well, that stuff just never happened to me with the other clubs.

This isn't any "endorsement" for Tour Edge .. but it's probably a endorsement for hybrids in general .... find the ones "you like" and go from there.

The ST Adams woods are out, except for the #7 22* and the TA5's I sold online .... it leaves me more room now for that extra BLT ..

whats in the bag.??

Driver: Tour Edge Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 21*, 24*, 30*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge with the Fuji graphite R shafts.
Wedges: Warrior 56*, 60*, 64* with the Harrison Shafts.
Putter: Ping Anser 2F.
Balls: Dunlop Super Loco, Maxfli Noodles - or any "good" ball when it goes on sale ...

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.

I just got the jmax carbon and i think i like it. It seems a bit heavy, but for me that is a good thing as I think feeling the head a bit more lets you slow down you takeaway and downswing. I only hit 4 balls over the 10th tee into the driving range behind my house but i realy crushed them, and the ball flight was real nice. if it wasn't so damn hot i'd be at the range right now. I got the 3w and 5w too, so i'll report on them when I get back tonight.

What's In The Bag

Well i hit a huge bucket of balls and had so much fun with the driver I didn't want to put it down. I would normaly hit 4-5 balls with my old driver and switch to a different club because I could not get any results. But tonight I was killing it straight and with a great trajectory. It does make a funny noise though, more of a pop vs a ping. It realy does supprise you how it flies off the face with that noise.

I'm not quite sure how far i was hitting it because with the lights on the range I would loose track around 200 yards. I think i'll need new glasses or something with this driver.

What's In The Bag

I'm not quite sure how far i was hitting it because with the lights on the range I would loose track around 200 yards. I think i'll need new glasses or something with this driver.

... After you hit 15 or 20 balls in the "daylight", you'll get a much better idea of what it does ..l.o.l.. plus, you didn't mention what shaft is on it, my guess is the Fuji and they play a little stiffer than most ...

I'm no long ball hitter and I get 235/245, give me a little roll action and it's good for 250 -- the difference is, it's RDM (Right Down the Middle) everytime ... Keep me posted ...
Whats in the bag.?

Note: This thread is 6541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!