IGNORED

Wow! finally got a TV tip that helps

Duffy
Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Gang,
Well, I finally got something from a TV golf aid program that has helped. Watching the golf fix and listening to MB about the lag in the swing. I've always hit my driver about 220 with some extra yards in the roll but have incorporated the lag to create additional swing speed and WOW!!!! what a difference. Played yesterday and have increased to 285-290. At the age of 61 I think that that's not too bad. I'd suggest this for everyone who wants more distance. What a difference.

Duffy,

Striving every day to be the person my dogs think I am.

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

How exactly did you build the extra lag?

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Hi Guys,
I concentrated on keeping my hands in front of the club head until the last mili secocond. It feels somewhat like a whip action at the bottom of the swing which accellerates the club head thru the hitting zone at contact. You have to do it slowly and watch what is happenning at the bottom and then try it at full speed. It takes no more effort but tempo is key to success. Kinda hard to describe in words but you can probably call up past episodes of the Golf Fix and watch MB explain it. I don't think it was more than a couple of weeks ago. Good Luck with this. The best way to describe what it looks like would be to hold your hands at the bottom of the swing at about the center of your stance with the shaft of the club still at almost 90* still on its way down.

Hey $2, I've never had anyone ask me to play a $2 Nassau and have always wondered what the hell it is. A little help here for your ignorant friend.

Duffy,

Driver; Ping G25, Fairway, Ping G25 3; Irons, Mizuno M59, wedges, Cleveland cg15, 54, 56, 60, Putter; See More Zack style.

Hey $2, I've never had anyone ask me to play a $2 Nassau and have always wondered what the hell it is. A little help here for your ignorant friend.

A Nassau is a common bet, I assume we play it the way most people do. We bet on match play, $2 for the front nine, $2 for the back nine, and $2 for the overall. Sometimes we play first 6 holes, second 6 holes, third six holes instead.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

Hi Gang,

I saw that tip as well(I tape them all) and it's a great point to learn and improve on to create distance. If you want to study lag then study Camilo Villegas's swing. Now that guy is ALL LAG,,,and he's long!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Thanks Mr. Useless. By the way my wife calls me that from time to time.

Duffy,

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!