IGNORED

Sonartec proto t35 wedge First Impressions

Note: This thread is 6544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've only had these in the bag for a couple weeks now but so far I like them a lot.

Finish and Lofts: As of right now they are only available in 52.08, 56.11 and 60.09 and they only come in a satin finish (which I prefer over any other finish anyways) I'm sure as they get more popular they will come out in more lofts, finishes and have left-hand versions but like their woods when they first came out, were a little limited at first.
I've only had them in my bag for a couple weeks but so far I like them.

Sole: The sole has a little different grind on it, making it a little flatter than some but not like the Callaway X-Tours, kind of a tweener. I have a fairly flat swing which for me these wedges fit me great but I have heard that people with a really steep swing would prefer a little more bounce and/or a rounded leading edge.

Spin: I'm not one to put a lot of spin of the ball, I just don't hit down on the ball enough (blame the hard ground here for that) but with these wedges I've been able to put a good amount of spin on the ball. I've demo'ed a Vokey Spin Milled and on first impression would say these are very similar.

Durability: Still too early to tell but that's the only thing I don't like about my Mizuno wedges is that they wear in and out rather quickly. But so far the Yo-Yo Grooves and face are holding up pretty well.

Feel: The past two years I've used Vokey 200 series and Mizuno MPT Raw's. They are a forged wedge and feel very similar to the Mizuno's and coming soon is my review on the Cleveland CG11's which although is a cast wedge is still very solid at impact, the Sonartecs have a similar feel. Sonartec has placed a little extra weight higher in the back which to me at least gives a little more solid feel when compared to the MPT's and Vokeys.

So again, over I've added pictures and specs here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the rundown on the new wedges. I talked with the guys from Sonartec at the PGA Show in January, and they said they had something coming that would turn some heads. They were talking about the wedges, and they were right.

If there was a 54° version, I'd be placing my order right now. But I'm glad Sonartec moves at a more measured pace than other OEMs (take longer to come out with new products, but also have longer product cycles and great designs).

in the bag today:
Driver: TaylorMade R9 10.5° (Fujikura Motore 65 stiff)
3-wood: Tour Edge Exotics XCG (Aldila DVS Fairway 75 stiff)
hybrid: Sonartec Md 21° (UST Proforce V2 Hybrid 85 stiff)
4-PW: Titleist 755 (Titleist TriSpec Regular)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design 252.08 bent to 50.5° (Oil...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6544 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!