IGNORED

My Draw is Back: Why?

Note: This thread is 6538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a brand new set of irons with regular flex shafts. Regular shafts are not technically correct for my swing type. I have a high swing speed and above average distance (driver typically 290+, 6 iron 210). When I was kid I had a consitent, predictable and good looking draw to all my clubs. That kind of ball flight has been gone from my game for years (typically straight).

Today it was back on every club and I am glad to have it. It is such an attractive ball flight (note I have a new driver with regular flex graffite shaft) I hope its here to stay. But why is it back? Is it the shafts? So far the regular is not causing me any issues but that might be because I rarely have to hit a long iron and, of course, the shorter the shaft length the less the flex will be.

In the bag:

Orlimar HipSteel 8.5 Driver
Orlimar Tri Metal 3 Wood 15*
Titliest 775 CB Irons Ping Anser 2

Flex is also affected by how fast you load and unload the club. Nick price uses a stiffer shaft than John Daly. In other words if you have a long swing with a smooth transition from backswing to downswing you can use a more flexible shaft.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Note: This thread is 6538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now