IGNORED

Took my son golfing for the 1st time!

sp33d
Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I plan on having clubs in my kid's hands very early, if for no other reason than being together. I have football wrestling and baseball to be "Winner takes all" dad lol.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

To the OP, what was your teaching method, in general? I find it amazing he shot 50 first time ever. That seems quite incredible.

Teaching method was simple, I taught him the swing, the fundementals. Took him to the range and worked on it once or twice a week. I bought him a putter first, which is a good idea because thats what they want to play with the least after they get clubs. We spend most of our time at the practice green working on chipping and putting. He honestly enjoys it, I see a lot of other dads with kids the same age and they wont stand still, dont pay attention. Im lucky, He even practices with out me, I can tell him to go chip/putt and I can go on the range and smack balls.

Thanks for all the possitive comments, the game was given to me when I was fairly young and I'm paying it forward. We can all agree it is the greatest game in the world and it must be shared with the young ones. To anyone looking to do this just stay possitive, Im not a pro or anything and it was a fairly long road getting him to actually hit the ball in the air, but it paid 10 fold. I went out and bought him a new driver last night, hes been using a 3wood/driver thing. He was cranking them out there about 100 yards. The great thing is kids clubs are cheap (compairing to ours) The one thing that I will stress is make sure you buy the right size clubs, its makes a big diffrence. They even have kids balls that help the little tikes get airborne.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I was warming up for my round at our local par3 course a couple weeks ago. A kids tournament had just finished up so a bunch of them were still out on the putting and chipping greens messing around. These kids had to have been 7-10 years old tops and they were chipping like pros. I couldn't believe how good the kids were.

A little later, I heard the awards ceremony from by the pro shop. The winner shot a 3 under for 18 holes Couldn't believe it.

In my stand bag:
Driver: XR-03
Irons: Apex Edge CFT (5-E)
Hybrids: Apex Edge CFT (3-4)
Wedge: Sure Out LWPutter: BombshellShoes: University

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!