IGNORED

North Ranch C.C.

Ben
Note: This thread is 7005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy crap this place was awesome!

www.northranchcc.org , the website does NOT do it justice.

So I get invited to play as a guest in a tournament at this place. It's in a ritzy part of Ventura County, CA, called Westlake Village. Rolling hills and valleys, perfectly manicured, relatively challenging course (we played a scramble from the whites) with homes on the course to die for. These things must have started, for at least, 2 million dollars. With only two to for homes per hole, they were more like mansion estates. Just the nicest all around golf experience I've had in some time.

On top of the surroundings, I was ON FIRE yesterday! I could do no wrong in the eyes of my team. I was pounding my drives, missed only 3 fairways. Hit practically every green in regulation, and if I didn't hit it, we were just off the fringe. I made two 15 footers for birdie, and lagged two, no lie, 60+ footers to tap in distance. Our team finished 6 under, which for a scramble ain't that hot. But, considering the fact that we had two practically first timers and a 20 handicapper on the team, I practically shot the score myself.

It gets better. Three of the par 3s had a hole in one prizes. $10,000 cash, a trip to jamaica, and a C240 Benz. So the first we we get to was the Benz. I'm already thinking to myself, "Shit, I'm on fire today, I want this car." 170 yard downhill, two tier green, pin in the front with water guarding the front. I figure it's playing 155, so I know that's a perfect full 8 for me, nothing to add, nothing to take off. I played the shot as if its a 155 yard putt, and after I hit it it was looking like just that. Tracking all the way to the pin from the second it left the clubface, hit 1 foot short and right, which looked like inches from the tee, and ended up 5 feet directly behind the hole on my intended line. Man, 5 feet less power, and I'd be rolling my new Benz today. That was exciting!

Anyway, North Ranch CC. 4 stars, two thumbs up!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Man am I jealous, we've had nothing but rain here for the past week and a half. I've only been able to go to the driving range once, forget about playing a round.

I trynot to play at too many private country clubs, something about seeing the perfectly maintained courses and great practice facilites make it hard to accept the fact that I may never play there again.

Glad you played so well! Great job on that par 3!

• Administrator

Kiran, you're in medical school, right? What are you talking about "may never play there again"? I'll invite you up to play on my country club here in April or May some time when the weather turns.

Great round Ben! I'm getting tired of hearing about other people playing golf though, I can tell you that. Only two more months or so... grrrrr!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm getting tired of hearing about other people playing golf though, I can tell you that. Only two more months or so... grrrrr!

YES! That was one of the effects I was going for in posting this. Must suck to live in a winter wonderland. hehehehe...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator
YES! That was one of the effects I was going for in posting this. Must suck to live in a winter wonderland. hehehehe...

Aha! At least I'm jetting off to North Carolina in two weeks, two days!!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 7005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!