IGNORED

Low swing speed using Pro V1 or similar????

Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My handicap is 18 and I don’t hit the all that far. I averaged 238 off the tees today with my longest drive going 257. That may not sound all that long but I live in the Pacific Northwest. We have wet air, wet fairways and balls don’t go all that far most of the year so these numbers aren’t as bad as they sound. Regardless, I am by no means a “big hitter” still I like to use Pro V1. I find I am losing about 15 yards or more off the Tee’s compared to using a ball more suited to my swing speed, but I love the feel of these soft balls around the ground and I like being able to put allot of spin on the ball on approach shots.

Just wondering if there are others out there who don’t mind giving up yardage of the tee in order to get spin and feel near the greens?
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

You can have both with the B330 RX balls. But I played Pro V1 for 3 years, and I didn't even know I wasn't fully compressing the ball. Drives went from 230 to over 250 just from changing balls and shaft flex.

If you are playing a course under 7,000 yards and are not trying to impress friends or ladies, I would go for feel over distance. There's a reason they don't classify the driver as a scoring club.

• Administrator
You can have both with the B330 RX balls. But I played Pro V1 for 3 years, and I didn't even know I wasn't fully compressing the ball. Drives went from 230 to over 250 just from changing balls and shaft flex.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, I suppose: it really has nothing to do with "compressing the ball."

The "softer" balls will only give you more distance if a firmer ball - even a Pro V1x or something - if you can't achieve good launch conditions with the firmer ball. A firmer ball will always have a higher ball speed and thus always have the potential for more distance IF you can generate decent launch conditions.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's been said before, but I'll say it again, I suppose: it really has nothing to do with "compressing the ball."

Interesting. I know i get about 15 yards if I use a Bridgstone E6. I can say how goo my launch conditions are, I hit high draw. Again i am sure I could hit further if I could lower my shots and get more role out. But these days I am hitting it well, so I don't feel compelled to mess around with my swing.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 5408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!