IGNORED

Got a digital camera today..

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

decided to crawl out from under my rock and get into the 21st century and got me a digital camera:

Canon Powershot A620

Don't know too much about it besides the reviews and my budget but I've always had Canons and always enjoyed how the pictures came out. I'm just getting tired of scanning photos these days.

• Administrator

I hope that's not real-life size.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Mav,

Purchased the same camera last month before trip to NY and Boston. Takes great pictures and is easy to use. You'll like it.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Mav,

Great! Yeah turns out that the A620 has a good following and pretty hefty in terms of your budget digi-cams with decent photographic options..can't wait to play with it.

Do you have any photos taken with it that I can check out? Have you developed any prints from it?

your pics are only as good as the weakest link... I hope you got a good printer to go along with that.

Mine is a canon pixma mp780 and the prints from the nikon 5.1 are better then from the ones we used to get back from the photo developer
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

• Administrator
whoa..really.!?! I was just planning on taking my SD card to the photo place and have them develop it. Hmm..

Well, you can do that, but your best bet is to use iPhoto or, more likely, Photoshop Express ($99 still, I believe) to improve, crop to the proper size, etc. Then you burn a CD and take them to Wal-Mart or something for $0.19 prints.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Took some outdoor pics today at the beach:

think they came out pretty good..on the AUTO setting..this camera has so many shooting options..like a real SLR..I'd like to know how this picture will differ from those more expensive DSLR's..

Good choice! I just bought a Canon SD 600 for its more compact size. Canon has the best picture quality.

I've always been satisfied with Canon's. I own a few already..film..and they were just so durable and the photos were perfect. I'll have a better idea when I print some.

• 2 weeks later...
decided to crawl out from under my rock and get into the 21st century and got me a digital camera:

I just bought the same camera a few hours ago!

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

• 2 weeks later...
I just bought the same camera a few hours ago!

Dude, it's a sweeet camera. It fills the void between you're "point and shooters" and the more advanced manual sets (messing with f-stops, apertures, etc). I'm having so much with mine right now. Best part is I can practice all day with my 1 GB SD. Key will be how they look when developed.

Well, you can do that, but your best bet is to use iPhoto or, more likely, Photoshop Express ($99 still, I believe) to improve, crop to the proper size, etc. Then you burn a CD and take them to Wal-Mart or something for $0.19 prints.

I highly recommend the gimp

http://www.gimp.org GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program free, open source and very activly developed. There are also tons of turorials around. http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/ I'm using a Ricoh R4 which I love 28–200 mm (wide angle is quite nice), 6Mpixel and very small. http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/news...tory_6525.html

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

Note: This thread is 6493 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!