IGNORED

Picked up a used Scotty Newport II...

Note: This thread is 6441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Picked it up at my local shop for $50 (I cut a deal with the owner... I'm a regular customer). Looks like a prime candidate for Scotty's Restoration Program, huh?

I will repost after the work is done. I'm kinda excited.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

I've got one that looks just like that in my trunk. What is this restoration project? I would only do it to sell the thing as for $50 I'll just leave it in the second bag.
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Picked it up at my local shop for $50 (I cut a deal with the owner... I'm a regular customer). Looks like a prime candidate for Scotty's Restoration Program, huh?

rgontona,

Nahh, it's not worth the $70-$150 for a winn grip, an AM&E; headcover, and some goofy looking stamps. Scotty's shop isn't going anywhere, you can always send it back later. I'd pick up some flitz or maas metal polish, clean it up, throw a new grip on and play it. For $50 that's a steal, excellent find.

50 bucks... thats a solid deal, I actually saw that same putter at a local store here in Boston for 180 (in worse shape as well)... definately send that putter to scotty's custom shop... restoration will run you 110 (I believe)... that includes a free reshaft and a stock grip...some of the custom details can be expensive... initials run 30-35, sight lines can be added... custom grips and headcovers will also put a strain on your wallet that putter will look amazing when you get it back, keep us posted on its status and put some before and after shots

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

ragontona, interesting pictures..what software program is that..cool "polaroid" look.

I use Google's Picasa software's "collage" feature to get that...

if you have money to spare then send it to scotty...

if you are a little confident and trust your own hand then I would give the homemade finish a shot, but I am not sure if you can top a pro platinum finish from Cameron's studio

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Placed the order, gonna send it to 'em tomorrow. Getting a little customization work done. Treating this as an investment, if anything...

solid decision... my friend used the service and pro platinum finish was mint! resale value on ebay if you got the scotty COA is pretty high...

Daniel Duarte

The putter is off to San Marcos as of this morning. In a little over a month, I'll have a customized Newport II that I will never use on the course

The putter is off to San Marcos as of this morning. In a little over a month, I'll have a customized Newport II that I will never use on the course

The addiction begins: I just picked up an old Studio Design 1 off of eBay. It's got a little rusting on the Gun Blue finish, but everything else looks great. After the Newport Two comes back, I'll think about refinishing the SD1 with Pro Plat and using it as my gamer. I love the classic look... it reminds me of my old Titleist Bulls Eye Milled 3.25L, which I used for nearly 10 years.

• 1 month later...
Whoomp, here it is.

You got it back already?? Or is that the one from e-bay? (I can't see the attachment from my work computer).

Are you getting it authenticated? If so, post the COA number so we can go look at it on the SC site. My Mil Spec should be getting shipped pretty soon as they've debited my credit card already. And yes I am getting very impatient now
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Mate..!!!! That looks mint. Great finish - did you get the complete restoration done?

My mil spec is getting restored and getting my name stamped on it, the Custom Shop stamp, shortened 1/2 an inch, they should also refinish it again in Pro Platinum as the original finish is included in the $110, been there since 19th July....just want it in my grubby little mits now - even more so after seeing yours :) Is that going to be a gamer?
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

You got it back already?? Or is that the one from e-bay? (I can't see the attachment from my work computer).

This is the one from the first post in this thread...

And yeah, it was a complete restoration. Paintfill represents my alma mater (Cal). Though it's not really an alma mater if you don't graduate, is it.

What an absolute beauty of a putter. I hope you enjoy it and get lots of use out of it on the golf course.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6441 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!