IGNORED

Ball Compression

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there a site or a list somewhere that lists all (or at least a majority) of the balls and their compression specifications?

Maybe something similar in nature to the Maltby Playability Factor, but for golf balls?

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Maybe this helps you out a bit in regards to titleist balls, http://www.titleist.com/customerserv...sp?faqid=64541
I have been under the impression for quite some time now that compression doesn't really matter much with modern balls.

In my all black Four 5:
909 D2 9.5 Harrison Saga 60 X
909 F2 13.5 Harrison Saga 70 X
909 H 19 Stock VooDoo S
AP2 710 3-PW Project X 6.5 Spin Milled C-C 54 & 58 California Del Mar Penta SYNR-G 1600 TEHomecourse(s): Crandon GC 76.2/145/7301

I've searched and searched in the past and could find nothing. Golf Digest has a hot list for golf balls but I find it pretty useless as they give the vaguest of information on the balls they are recommending.

There is a pay site out there that professs to be able to match your game/swing to the proper golf ball but I cannot remember off hand what it was called.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

Cool. Thanks.

Any insight into what each of those columns represents and is telling us?

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Cool. Thanks.

I have no idea. Here's the small print on the bottom.

Technical Notes: 1. Compression tests performed measuring overall golf ball compression using the Majestix and Atti compression test devices. The higher the number, the less the ball compresses when subjected to a force. 2. Cover hardness tests performed measuring golf ball surface hardness using a Teclock Type C durometer test device in accordance with ASTM D 2240 C. 3. The MPI™ ratings are based on a 100 point scale where for compression the higher the number the firmer the golf ball and for cover hardness the higher the number the firmer the golf ball. 3. The average compression and cover hardness data were calculated after a statistically significant number of data points per golf ball were collected using systematic test procedures. 4. The golf balls were acquired independent of manufacturers.

Driver...Ping G10 10.5* V2 High Launch

4-wood......Bobby Jones by Jesse Ortiz 2012 17*
3-4 Hybrid.......Bobby Jones Player Series 21* and 25*
Irons.........Mizuno MX-200
Wedges....Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52*, Ping Tour-W 56*, Ping Tour-S 60*....Putter-Ping Redwood Piper.....Ball-Srixon TriSpeed Tour

Note: This thread is 5368 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!