IGNORED

Golf Channel and TiVo

iacas
Note: This thread is 7143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
[rant]I for one wish The Golf Channel would put programming information in about two shows: The 19th Hole and Inside the PGA Tour.

Every week, all 40 reruns are recorded by my TiVo because The Golf Channel doesn't supply a description. Y'know, like "Pebble Recap, Nissan Preview". If they did that, my TiVo would know it recorded the same show in the past 30 days and not record every one of 'em.

It almost makes me want to cancel the season passes for the shows.[/rant]

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Watching the 19th Hole this week didn't make you cancel your season pass????

That was the worst show I've seen produced by The Golf Channel. I'd rather have watched the Hammer infomerical. Those guys had Retief Goosen, the 5th ranked player in the world live, and for 15 minutes they showed him pictures of elephants, zebras, Dan Marino, and those two knuckle head panelists???? I didn't get one bit of golf related information from that damn show. I think they're trying to copy ESPN's Pardon the Interruption with Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon. That show is funny, the panelists are very witty, and they talk about good topics (although they're not too good at covering golf). Those two guys on 19th Hole seem to have no idea what they're talking about, anyone on this forum could easily replace them and the show would be 100% better.
Tune in as we discuss the hottest topics in the world of Golf, including a wrap-up panelist discussion on the 2005 Nissan Open and much more!

Last week's show fulfilled absolutely none of that. I hope someone from the golf channel reads this post and rewrites the script for next week to make the show golf related.

• Administrator
Watching the 19th Hole this week didn't make you cancel your season pass????

Good point.

That was

And Retief seemed to have no friggin' clue what was going on the whole time. He didn't seem to understand that he was on camera, nothing. He flat out admitted he had no idea who Charles or "Big Dog" were, and I gave up counting the number of times I heard the words "Big" and "Dog" together after I hit 15 or so. Ridiculous.

You're right: it was pitiful. Downright despicable.
I think they're trying to copy

They could have tried to copy Wayne's World and done a better job.

anyone on this forum could easily replace them and the show would be 100% better.

Hmmm... (/me wanders off to hatch an idea...).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 7143 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!