IGNORED

Difficulty in switching Irons

Note: This thread is 6490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I suppose I should start by stating I love my new irons, the shots I've hit well feel incredible and have beautiful ballflight. That being said, the shots I've hit well has decreased substancially. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ease the transition period? Other than hours at the range? (I just don't have the time with a 5 year old and a 4 month old at home) I suppose the range probably is the only way, and maybe the issue is more pronounced since I was playing Big Berthas with that massive sole compared to the CG4's with a substancially thinner sole (hitting a lot of shots fat). Either way, I know it's me, obviously it's not the clubs.

Any suggestions from someone who either plays (tests) a lot of clubs, or from someone who recently switched?

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much and I should just swing the freakin club?

Thanks!
-Mike
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Any suggestions from someone who either plays (tests) a lot of clubs, or from someone who recently switched?

Mike,

You have answered your own question very well. Just relax and swing the club. Paralysis by analysis will kill your game. Trust that you're a good enough player and swing the club well enough to hit them, and have fun! No matter what club you are playing, you should not have to make modifications to accomodate different clubs, provided they are properly fit for you.

Mike,

You're right, I'll just mellow out and play golf. I hit them pure when I was testing them at the demo van, so I guess I know I can hit them for the most part. Is there any way I can attribute this to:

1) Playing with my wife 2) Being paired with 2 older women 3) Above mention pairing slowed play to 3 hours to play 9 holes 3) Playing a course I've not played before It probably wasn't the best way to take them out on our first date...
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Note: This thread is 6490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!